Realtime Pattern editing

gusto

Hi, great project, my question first: in the midibox seq V3 are all the 4 patterns available to be edited in realtime without stopping the Seq just by hitting the appropriate pattern button? I did look through the forum and the site, but couldn't find an answer, I read somewhere that v2 allowed u only to edit one pattern whilst the other 3 where played back from memory. has that now been changed in v3?    thanks.

by the way I have been using a tr808 for several years and i am planing to build a live analog drum machine made from a hacked and modded cr8000 and several 808 and 909 drum sound circuits, which i would trigger using the midibox seq. via Dout, approx 12 sounds (therefore taking 3 patterns) leaving 1 pattern for sequencing external synths. I am basically creating a beast for live creations. I will be trying to impliment the  64 led/button matrix too. that looks quite good. will be nice for my shows :)

gusto

Hi Gusto,

in the midibox seq V3 are all the 4 patterns available to be edited in realtime without stopping the Seq just by hitting the appropriate pattern button?

yes, all 16 tracks can be edited directly.

I did look through the forum and the site, but couldn't find an answer, I read somewhere that v2 allowed u only to edit one pattern whilst the other 3 where played back from memory. has that now been changed in v3?

yes - this is the reason why MBSEQ V3 requires a PIC18F4620, which contains enough RAM for loading all patterns into the PIC.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

gusto -- i like your idea with the analogue circuits + the seq.  i am doing something very similar.  can you give more information on how you plan to use the Dout boards to trigger the sound modules directly?  I was thinking I'd have to make a Midi/CV interface to achieve this, but I know there must be a better way.  Can the 48 drum pulses available trigger analogue sound modules?  I have an 808 bass drum module built, and want to make several from the 808, 909 and others.

• 4 months later...