Mackie Clone - Dumb questions from a Newbie!

Guest Dazzystar

Guest Dazzystar

???

Well, here I am aged 38, excellent soldering skills, music skills (not bad!), deeply want all my old analogue keyboards back (too late sold them to pay for a car in 1984!)...Now I'm back with a PC, Cubase SX and Albino soft synth (the best! and I'm not joking!!)...

What is lacking? Well to be frank....A Mackie Midi Controller....this is how I found you guys....but here the problem starts...... I NEED advice! from someone who understands my plight.....I Don't to sampling, I Don't do Audio work, purely Soft Synths. What I want is something to both mix the Midi Channels I've recorded on and also to control my soft synths, ADSR, RES, FREQ, etc.

Musicman has a great design for a Mackie Clone...should I use it? Should I change it? HELP!!!

Guest Dazzystar

???

Well, here I am aged 38, excellent soldering skills, music skills (not bad!), deeply want all my old analogue keyboards back (too late sold them to pay for a car in 1984!)...Now I'm back with a PC, Cubase SX and Albino soft synth (the best! and I'm not joking!!)...

What is lacking? Well to be frank....A Mackie Midi Controller....this is how I found you guys....but here the problem starts...... I NEED advice! from someone who understands my plight.....I Don't to sampling, I Don't do Audio work, purely Soft Synths. What I want is something to both mix the Midi Channels I've recorded on and also to control my soft synths, ADSR, RES, FREQ, etc.

Musicman has a great design for a Mackie Clone...should I use it? Should I change it? HELP!!!

Uuuhm... here starts the problem: You *can* change it, you *can* use it. Whatever u want. Everybody can build it thingy here as he wants. But as youre a Newbie, I would suggest to use the design and schematics of somebody, who already built it.

Ever heard of some "Search"-Function? Ok, now its time to use it!  ;D

Uuuhm... here starts the problem: You *can* change it, you *can* use it. Whatever u want. Everybody can build it thingy here as he wants. But as youre a Newbie, I would suggest to use the design and schematics of somebody, who already built it.

Ever heard of some "Search"-Function? Ok, now its time to use it!  ;D

Hi!

Musicman's design is really nice and usefull for many people. But dont forget that every one has an other workflow and what Musicman loves, you will maybe hate. Therefore the best is to prototyping a cheap paneldesign and playing around with it. You will change it many times and the result is YOUR PERSONAL best design. And maybe i like it too  ;D

sorry for my english :-[

Hi!

Musicman's design is really nice and usefull for many people. But dont forget that every one has an other workflow and what Musicman loves, you will maybe hate. Therefore the best is to prototyping a cheap paneldesign and playing around with it. You will change it many times and the result is YOUR PERSONAL best design. And maybe i like it too  ;D

sorry for my english :-[