Very Low level sound on SID output !!

faith

There is no audio on the output of my SID chip (8580R5) ,,,I Checked all the connection and other things and found out that everything is in the right order .

I tried to record the audio with my soundcard in cooledit but when I play the notes nothing appear ,,just a little amount off Noise at the output .

After amplifing the Noise signal I figured out that the sid generates the notes which I played but the level of audio output is so low .besides I set the Master volume of my sid to the maxium eveytime I recorde .

I Checked the trasistore stage at the output but it works fine ,I omitted this stage and connect the output connector directly to audio output pin on sid after 10 uf capacitor .but still nothing happened .

Is there anyone can help me to solve this issue ? or Can we say that this chip is damaged ?

I remember a time that accidentaly I conneted (PIN28=9vdc to PIN27=audio out ) when the power supply is on but it was just a second .

Can it cause the Chip to damage ?   

I remember a time that accidentaly I conneted (PIN28=9vdc to PIN27=audio out ) when the power supply is on but it was just a second .
Can it cause the Chip to damage ?   

I think, you've answered your question. ... :(

A second is a very long time ....

I don't know the specs of the audio out Pin exactly, but this could be the reason for it.

You should verify this by trying a different SID chip, if possible.

greets

Doc