Ooh! Does this mean it's working...?

shobley

OK as far as I can tell the Core module is working. I uploaded MIOS 1.9f and MidiBox64 and it worked OK with all the checksums intact.

I just finished wiring up an LCD and I just get the block pattern on the top row. The contrast/brightness work OK, but no messages.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I've checked my pins and they seem to be OK.

OK as far as I can tell the Core module is working. I uploaded MIOS 1.9f and MidiBox64 and it worked OK with all the checksums intact.

I just finished wiring up an LCD and I just get the block pattern on the top row. The contrast/brightness work OK, but no messages.

Sounds like the bootloader is starting, but not MIOS.

Did you use MIOS studio in smart upload mode? (You should!)

What do you recieve on your midi interface at this point?

I checked the wiring on the cable - I am using the standard 2x20 VK2220 module. Conductivity is good, and all the pins are wired correctly.

I do have a rev3 board but I took the jumper pins from the latest rev documentation. The brightness/contrast dials work OK so I assume I have these the right way round.

The midibox seems to work - I have uploaded MIOS without error, and the Midibox64 application and all the checksums are OK. I did have an issue originally when I uploaded the wrong hex file.

Now when I start the board I get a single request to upload, and then a whole bunch of messages (blue in MIOS studio) from the Midibox64 app - basically a set of controller data.

I have not wired up the AIN or DIN module yet - but I don't think this would stop the display from working.

Not sure what else to do...

I do have a rev3 board but I took the jumper pins from the latest rev documentation.

I would check the doco for your revision

The midibox seems to work

You think? ;D I'll just stop helping then. heehehehe

I have uploaded MIOS without error

Asking again.. did you use smart mode?

I did have an issue originally when I uploaded the wrong hex file.

What were the issue, the file, and the solution?

Now when I start the board I get a single request to upload, and then a whole bunch of messages (blue in MIOS studio) from the Midibox64 app - basically a set of controller data.

Fell free to paste it... and don't forget

I have not wired up the AIN or DIN module yet - but I don't think this would stop the display from working.

auaimbctg

Not sure what else to do...

Hang in there...

hi

in my MBLC in OSX with MIOS Studio the LCD gets stuck and even Mios studio and the whole system hang if i don t ground the AINs when they are activated in the application...

Simone

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with the 2x40 lcd. I am only getting black bars on the top row and nothing on the bottom row.The blacklight is working just fine and I adjusted both trim pots on the core aswell. Is this normal? I don't have the ICs in place on the core yet (still testing). Do I need to put the ICs in and load MIOS to get the second line to show?

Do I need to put the ICs in and load MIOS to get the second line to show?

yes, exactly: so long MIOS hasn't been booted, your LCD isn't initialised. Also the black bar is normal, see this oversight:

MIOS_Overview.gif

(steps must be read from bottom to top)

Best Regards, Thorsten.