Forking Jsynthlib

Davo

When I read the topic title, it reminded me of what I say when I use JSynthLib... "Forking JSynthLib!!!" I personally don't like the interface at all, although the concept is good.

Specifically what bugs you?  Is it something that could be fixed without trashing the entire user interface?  At present, all I want to do is get rid of the cruft.

Probably it's a collection of little things... the way you manage a patch library and then edit one patch and get it to work in realtime on the synth, it was all a bit unintuitive and in addition I had heaps of problems getting it to work. The actual patch editor GUI (at least for MB-SID V1) is nice. I want to do a MB-SID V2 patch editor but I am thinking adding it to MIOS Studio would be better (at least not have to fight the JSynthLib architecture and bugs).

• 2 weeks later...

I've the same problem: I definitely would like to improve the user interface of JSynthLib, as I also find that the patch management and general workflow requires a lot of improvements. But there are too many other interesting projects I'm doing in parallel...

So, I can only say: count me in as beta tester. I would also give you the required informations for MBSID V2 patch structure and handling of course.

Best Regards, Thorsten.