MIOS quad SID

d2k

Hey...

I've had my quad SID boards stuffed, working and sitting here for a while ;). Is it is currently possible with step A3 to assign the 18F master core as MBlink endpoint and the 16F's as forwarding points, then just connect Core J11 (MO) of the 18F to the J11 (MI) of the 16F slaves thus triggering all 4 SIDs...?

Then i'd just cable the audio out lines as suggested in a previous post...

Another thing, this layer ability of MIOS - could it work with the SID control? Ie, 4 x 18F cores each assigned to a layer which u'd just flick between with via 4 SID select buttons...is that the theory of the layer parameter?

Best...

Dan

Hey...

I've had my quad SID boards stuffed, working and sitting here for a while ;). Is it is currently possible with step A3 to assign the 18F master core as MBlink endpoint and the 16F's as forwarding points, then just connect Core J11 (MO) of the 18F to the J11 (MI) of the 16F slaves thus triggering all 4 SIDs...?

Then i'd just cable the audio out lines as suggested in a previous post...

Another thing, this layer ability of MIOS - could it work with the SID control? Ie, 4 x 18F cores each assigned to a layer which u'd just flick between with via 4 SID select buttons...is that the theory of the layer parameter?

Best...

Dan

Hi Dan,

in theory it already works by enhancing the hooks which already have been integrated into the application code (for example lc_menu.inc, function CS_MENU_SendParameter and CS_MENU_GetSIDBase), and by enabling the MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_MBLINK_FP mode, but in practice I should better test this before distributing the changes. ;-)

Selection of SID: either from the main menu, or via a dedicated button + 4 LEDs.

However, MIOS V1.2 is not far from completion, thereafter my head is free again for applications (maybe this weekend)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Dan,

in theory it already works by enhancing the hooks which already have been integrated into the application code (for example lc_menu.inc, function CS_MENU_SendParameter and CS_MENU_GetSIDBase), and by enabling the MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_MBLINK_FP mode, but in practice I should better test this before distributing the changes. ;-)

Selection of SID: either from the main menu, or via a dedicated button + 4 LEDs.

However, MIOS V1.2 is not far from completion, thereafter my head is free again for applications (maybe this weekend)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

heh, i know was jumping the gun a lil, but having the 4 SIDs sitting in they're refurbished C64 case makes u wanna just get it all singing and dancing ;)

I'll wait for the proper firmware and application to land ;))

Cheers

Dan

heh, i know was jumping the gun a lil, but having the 4 SIDs sitting in they're refurbished C64 case makes u wanna just get it all singing and dancing ;)

I'll wait for the proper firmware and application to land ;))

Cheers

Dan