MBFM noise?

sebiiksbcs

Hmm, that's not normal.

The two amps after the YAC are at ca. +9V and -15V. The third amp next to the outputs is even at ca. +4V and -20V!

The error has to be between the +/-12V/ground power pins and the amps i guess. Maybe I soldered some cap wrong? I will check the voltages later.

Ya I did. Or... actually I connected the +5V and ground from the PSU directly to the +5V input and ground on the OPL3. From there +5v and ground to the core, and to ground of the +/-12V on the OPL3, and to ... umm maybe the story is too hard to follow.

Whatever, maybe I just check all connections tomorrow[move]move[/move]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

from my side: with bad switching PSU I get -13V and +11V on FM module and this give me distorted sound.

another PSU  (based on big traffo): without connecting to FM module I measure -13 and +11, but after connecting to FM module the voltages I get OK. (+12/-12V) and of course sound was good.

You can't supply a 7805 with +5V, regulators need inputs of at least 2 volts higher than what it outputs... and especially can't supply Core:J1 with only +5V, as it goes through a bridge rectifier as well... even worse if you supply ground to J1 as well as supplying ground elsewhere to ground pins on other modules, because of the bridge rectifier...

You can supply +5V/ground directly to J2 on the Core.

• 1 month later...