Seq V3 - first LCD row black [solve]

vincentime

hello all,

I'am currently building a midibox seq V3.

I have finished all module and have connected them together.

I built the front pannel. I just have to connect the pannel.

The problem is the folowing :

when i load the pic with the seqv3 hex, i have the first lcd row who remain black. mios studio show the sequence sent by the bootloader non stop.

=> i supose that the mios is not starting ??

when i load the midicv in the pic (i previously built a midibox cv with 18F4620), the LCD show the midibox cv menu. i deduce that the core is ok.

Do anybody have any idea ?

I don't think that the DIN and DOUT need to be connected for the application to start. Right ?

Thanxs in advance guys for your help...

I had the same "problem" with my first display I connected up to my core aswell. Concerning the upper black row TK said that this was normal when no application was running from the pic. Check the pic header number on the pic itself and in mios if you have trouble uploading. They should match. You should also try loading the most updated mios into the pic first before you upload the seq hex file. I am no expert but these steps worked for me on my SEQ v3.2. Goodluck.

thanks echopraxia for your help.

i have already load the pic with mios 1.9f, then sent SEQ3.2 : the lcd remain black.

i don't understand what you say about the pic header, i use smart option while loading the pic and everything seems ok. 

Loading another app like midibox cv work fine.

however, i will try one more time every step in order. who knows....

thanks echopraxia for your help.

i have already load the pic with mios 1.9f, then sent SEQ3.2 : the lcd remain black.

i don't understand what you say about the pic header, i use smart option while loading the pic and everything seems ok. 

Loading another app like midibox cv work fine.

however, i will try one more time every step in order. who knows....

Are you using the right PIC type? AFAIK CV runs on an 18F452, while SEQV3 runs on an 18F4620. You might try uploading SEQV2 to test, and verify your PIC model.

Cheers,  Alex.

What I meant by pic header is the long strain of numbers 00 00 00 00 00 that are programmed into the pic. In MIOS Studio software, in the hex file upload window its the device ID. Both the device IDs have to match. Sorry if I used the wrong wording. When you buy your pics from smashtv he puts a device ID number on the pic for you. Did you get yours from smash or are you programming your own pic with bootstrap loader? I am not familiar with bootstrap loader because smash takes care of it for me ;D

It works !!!

Finaly, i found the problem, i made and bad conection bewteen the core and the second lcd. That's what probably prevent the application to start. I repair the connection and now i can see both lcd show the SEQ v3.2 menu.

I had check everything many times, update mios studio and mios, check the connections.... stupid i am !!!

Great, now i can connect the frontpannel to the IO modules.

Thanks you everybody for your help, i will let you know when the seq will be finished (or maybe the next pb ;-)).