Need Help with MIDI Remote Controls from keyboard to SEQ V3.2

Echopraxia

Anybody. How do you activate midi remote functions on the SEQ V3.2? I hooked up the controller keyboard to the midi in of the core and tried the last key on the keyboard to activate the remote functions like the .asm page says c-7. I have a 61 note keyboard that works fine but I don't get any response from the sequencer when I press any keys on the keyboard. I am still building my SEQ and wanted to try out functions before I got all my buttons hooked up. Do I need to have an IIC module connected for this to work? I have one but have not solder the midi jacks to it yet so I just used the core midi in to test but no luck.

There was some confusion about the octave in the past. Problem is related to my unsorted programming habits. ;-)

There are no special requirements beside of selecting the right MIDI channel.

Did you already try the C key one octave upper or lower?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Well I tested it even more. Still no luck. I also wired up the iic module like in the diagram on the wiki. With only 2 pins panel mount to the midi in and all three pins to midi out. My controller works fine when directly attached to the synth that is on channel 1. Does SEQ start on ch 1 aswell? or is it in omni? Do the midi jacks have to be grounded? Is that what the 3 pin is on the midi out? Does the midi in have to be grounded or is it already with the 2 pins? This probably isnt the problem anyways as I was able to load mios and the SEQ hex file using the same midi in and out I tried the first time. So what could it be. The note works where the remote activate should be and I tried smashing all the keys over and over again. I ordered my buttons so as soon as I get those I will try to send more midi to my synths. So far the encoders I have hooked up work just fine. They tell me "no pattern for selected track" or something like that but can't do anything with them besides that.

Well I gave the keyboard another go and it "worked" I think. I found that my 61 keys go from c2 - c7 so I shouldnt have to transpose anything. When I say it worked I had some bankstick for song dialog come up and then another key gave me some g1---G2---G3---G4 with !! under each one but I really couldnt do anything else and when I tried it again nothing happened. TK, on your diagram for remote functions, menu and remote key are in red. do both of these have to be pressed in some order or do I hold remote down ect...? I dont know why I am having problems with this. I am pretty sure that the software was uploaded successfully so the midi jacks work. I have a "fatar studio 610 plus" controller if this helps.

Yes, the red marked key combination remote+menu key has a special function, because it allows you to jump to the red marked menu pages.

With key combinatin I mean, that for the menu page selection you have to press&hold the remote, and thereafter the menu key in addition. Thereafter press GP#1..GP#16 to enter the corresponding menu page. The order in which you release the keys doesn't matter (I just have doublechecked this, it is still working like expected).

For the black marked key function you only have to press&hold the remote key

You can always exit a menu page by pressing remote+"step view" keys

In general the mechanism is working like the MIDI remote function of sequencers like Logic Audio or Cubase

Just only keep in mind, that the remote key has to be pressed+held first!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for the info TK. I just tried this serveral times with no luck. I think my midibox is a lemon ;)

I have tried holding remote key down and pressing the edit key, play key, ect... I have tried holding the remote key and holding the menu key together while pressing a gp button ect.. I have tired differnt octaves on the keyboard and differnent combinations. I did'nt get anything to happen. I think my next thing is to try to hook the core up to my pc sequencer and use its built in keyboard. I am sure that wont be the best use for this but it is worth a shot. If I have the core's midi in hooked up to my pc can I play a song in my pc sequencer and then the core will play the default midibox SEQ track? I am just asking this so I will know if sync works and my midi is ok.

Alright TK my face is alittle red here :-X I checked my solder connections on the core and sure enough I forgot to solder 2!! connections!! What the F**k was I doing! I don't even know how I got mios and the MBSEQ software loaded! Now that I soldered my midi in jacks it is working like a charm. As far as midi remote goes can you change note values like the encoders using remote midi? I am already starting to love this sequencer.

Upon testing midi remote I have learned that my IIC modules don't work :( I will post my problems elsewhere.

Thanks TK!

Fine! :)

No, encoder functions are not accessible via remote. But if you would add just one DIN shiftregister, you could control the current selected value with the "datawheel" (main encoder... the big knob in the middle)

Best Regards, Thorsten.