Midibox Plus Bank Button Question

jeroddumas

I just finished building my midibox plus circut on vectorboard and that sucks.  My question is is there anyway to wire up bank select buttons.  I see that in the firmware, but how would I wire them in, because that is not in the schematics.  Any help is appreciated.

I think that pins 33 to 36 of the PIC are where the switches connect. (previously this was for midi channel selection. sounds like you have an old schematic??) not sure if these switches should be n.o. or spst though.

Did you d/L the schematic from the midibox plus page, 16 knob version??

good luck!!

bye, from Steve

I think that pins 33 to 36 of the PIC are where the switches connect. (previously this was for midi channel selection. sounds like you have an old schematic??) not sure if these switches should be n.o. or spst though.

Did you d/L the schematic from the midibox plus page, 16 knob version??

good luck!!

bye, from Steve

try reading the explanation under 'firmwares' on the midibox plus page. as far as I understand (and remember, I used my mb16 for parts :P!!) you have a choice between a bankbutton version, and a bankswitch version.... I can't remember how the menu handling of these functions were.... but I think the bb version is better, that's all I remember

bye, from Steve

edit... the buttons go between the aforementioned pins, and ground

good luck!

try reading the explanation under 'firmwares' on the midibox plus page. as far as I understand (and remember, I used my mb16 for parts :P!!) you have a choice between a bankbutton version, and a bankswitch version.... I can't remember how the menu handling of these functions were.... but I think the bb version is better, that's all I remember

bye, from Steve

edit... the buttons go between the aforementioned pins, and ground

good luck!

Guest scriptor909

Hi jeroddumas,

I would recommend you to build the MIDIBox Plus with 16 Pots and 16 Buttons. I´ll post a new firmwareversion to Thorsten in a few days. In my eyes this version will improve the handling of the MIDIBox. With a bankstick you will be able to save 16 banks * 4 pages *16 Potevents. Two Buttons will select one of 4 pages to allow faster access to 64 pots, so all 16 pots are assigned with 4 different selectable events. On the bankstick are also stored the names of the potevents. 10 MIDI-buttons will be available, too (also in 4 pages per bank).

best regards

Scriptor

Guest scriptor909

Hi jeroddumas,

I would recommend you to build the MIDIBox Plus with 16 Pots and 16 Buttons. I´ll post a new firmwareversion to Thorsten in a few days. In my eyes this version will improve the handling of the MIDIBox. With a bankstick you will be able to save 16 banks * 4 pages *16 Potevents. Two Buttons will select one of 4 pages to allow faster access to 64 pots, so all 16 pots are assigned with 4 different selectable events. On the bankstick are also stored the names of the potevents. 10 MIDI-buttons will be available, too (also in 4 pages per bank).

best regards

Scriptor