realtime CC recording

wicked1

Hello,

I'm trying to record a filter change in real time.  I have the track set up, and it is controlling the filter.  I can edit each step individually and have it control the filter, but I'd like to record it in real time.  The midi in light does light up as I twist the filter knob, but it isn't recording any changes. 

I set up a track just for this CC, I go to the record page, I hit play and start twisting the knob. 

Am I missing something?

I've haven't had a keyboard plugged into the sequencer yet.  I'm not sure if it would record regular notes or not.  Maybe that is something I should check.

I'm surprised there isn't a user group of some sort for the sequencer.. how many of them do you think have been made?

Hi,

currently only notes can be recorded, recording CCs is planned for one of the next releases.

I'm surprised there isn't a user group of some sort for the sequencer.. how many of them do you think have been made?

I guess that not more than 10..20 people have built a MBSEQ yet

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks!  that explains it.

If that is really how few people have made sequencers, then all I have to say is that a LOT of people are missing out on the best step sequencer ever designed!!

Thanks for all of your hard work.  As soon as I'm finished dumping money into my build, I'll be sure to make a donation.

hi wicked1,

i'm building a seq as well (perhaps done in feb/march i hope). for recording midi cc's, i plan on using an alesis mmt-8 with it.  it can record anything but aftertouch.  in fact, this weekend i began work on a layout to convert the mmt-8 to a 1U rack.  the switch/led board connects to the main pcb via a ribbon cable, so the layout is pretty easy to recreate.

mmt8rack.gif

If your synth have 2 midi input, why not... but not sure...

But I think you can do it with a Midi Merger. If you merge 2 midi signal with same channel, it should result in a 1 channel signal with the 2 information (CC from MPC and note-gate-... from Midibox Seq)

++