Amazing news & infos !!!

mF_freak

Hi,

I dont know if it's the right place to announce that, but i thought it will be a useful information for DIY freaks like me  ;)

Thats why, dear Thorsten: please forgive me that im comin up with another DIy thing in your forum, but i am sure, you will be interrested about this too. You know that i love my midibox NG  :)

I saw today a german magazine (from dezember 2002) called "elektor" (www.elektor.de) with all the shematics, pcb layouts and partlists for an usb audio interface with

1x stereo analog in

1x stereo analog out

1x spdif  in

1x spdif out

1x usb

I personally havent build it yet, but i am planning to. The professional double sided PCBs can also be ordered directly from their web page for about 17 euro. (looks like a profit project, but anyway :P )

This post is not to advertise them of course, but just to announce another DIY baby to our world.

I can't post any picture of it now, because i haven't scanned them. Ill try to scan the layouts, pics, shematics and the partslists and send to people via email if they wanna learn more about and can't find the dezember 2002 release of the magazine. Maybe some of you can host the pics, it would be better instead of sending everyone one by one.

The pcb is as said a doublesided pcb and the size of it is about like a core or MF module.

It uses the IC1: PCM2902 and IC2: OPA2353UA from texas instruments/burr-Brown.

There is a site that i found in the web (www.asio2ks.de)  that gives a free beta release of an universal asio driver for nearly all PCI, USB, Onboard soundcards, if you mail and ask him kindly about. So it could be useful with this diy or even with your onboard soundcard  ;)

Hope this information was usefull.

regards

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I dont know if it's the right place to announce that, but i thought it will be a useful information for DIY freaks like me  ;)

Thats why, dear Thorsten: please forgive me that im comin up with another DIy thing in your forum, but i am sure, you will be interrested about this too. You know that i love my midibox NG  :)

I saw today a german magazine (from dezember 2002) called "elektor" (www.elektor.de) with all the shematics, pcb layouts and partlists for an usb audio interface with

1x stereo analog in

1x stereo analog out

1x spdif  in

1x spdif out

1x usb

I personally havent build it yet, but i am planning to. The professional double sided PCBs can also be ordered directly from their web page for about 17 euro. (looks like a profit project, but anyway :P )

This post is not to advertise them of course, but just to announce another DIY baby to our world.

I can't post any picture of it now, because i haven't scanned them. Ill try to scan the layouts, pics, shematics and the partslists and send to people via email if they wanna learn more about and can't find the dezember 2002 release of the magazine. Maybe some of you can host the pics, it would be better instead of sending everyone one by one.

The pcb is as said a doublesided pcb and the size of it is about like a core or MF module.

It uses the IC1: PCM2902 and IC2: OPA2353UA from texas instruments/burr-Brown.

There is a site that i found in the web (www.asio2ks.de)  that gives a free beta release of an universal asio driver for nearly all PCI, USB, Onboard soundcards, if you mail and ask him kindly about. So it could be useful with this diy or even with your onboard soundcard  ;)

Hope this information was usefull.

regards

I think yes. I planned to buy some audio interface for my laptop (it just has some lame mono micro in with a HORRIBLE quality).

Would be very grateful if you can send me some stuff ´bout that!

What about mike? Cant he make these PCBs, too?

I think yes. I planned to buy some audio interface for my laptop (it just has some lame mono micro in with a HORRIBLE quality).

Would be very grateful if you can send me some stuff ´bout that!

What about mike? Cant he make these PCBs, too?

I made, 1 year ago, this type of project ...coming from the French Elektor magazine  ...

Still using it on my computer !

Working well .... and  sounds .....mmmmm.... average ... :-/

I don't know if it's the same chips ... do you have a direct link of more infos ? (i don't read German...)

Gilles  

I made, 1 year ago, this type of project ...coming from the French Elektor magazine  ...

Still using it on my computer !

Working well .... and  sounds .....mmmmm.... average ... :-/

I don't know if it's the same chips ... do you have a direct link of more infos ? (i don't read German...)

Gilles  

Thats the problem, i only have the magazine and they didn't put any information about it on their website but selling still their pcb for it.  As soon as i finish scanning the pages, i wish that someone could host the pictures for everybody to download. I didn't give my email to avoid spam, but you can still msg me in this forum.

regards

Thats the problem, i only have the magazine and they didn't put any information about it on their website but selling still their pcb for it.  As soon as i finish scanning the pages, i wish that someone could host the pictures for everybody to download. I didn't give my email to avoid spam, but you can still msg me in this forum.

regards

Wow!

That's a lot of effort for something so cheap.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3113100

It does not have SPDIF I/O, but it's $29.90 ($9.90 if you believe that rebates actually come).  USB<->audio converters are cheap these days if you look around.  I paid about $59 for mine (not this Telex model) and it compares in quality to a decent outboard D/A converter.

Later!

SmashTV

Wow!

That's a lot of effort for something so cheap.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3113100

It does not have SPDIF I/O, but it's $29.90 ($9.90 if you believe that rebates actually come).  USB<->audio converters are cheap these days if you look around.  I paid about $59 for mine (not this Telex model) and it compares in quality to a decent outboard D/A converter.

Later!

SmashTV

We're not here to save  money !!!!

But to have fun and burn our fingers with our soldering irons !  

... and there is no fun to buy something ...

True....True.....  my bad :)

punk's not dead !

No sir!

It's alive and well at The Green Door in Oklahoma City (not my thing but always a super fun show to light) ;D

Smash

We're not here to save  money !!!!

But to have fun and burn our fingers with our soldering irons !  

... and there is no fun to buy something ...

True....True.....  my bad :)

punk's not dead !

No sir!

It's alive and well at The Green Door in Oklahoma City (not my thing but always a super fun show to light) ;D

Smash

Smashtv,

On your link is a DAC (digital audio converter) only, but what i am talking about is an USB Audio Interface with ins and outs.  Anyway, i personally would not spend 50-60 dollars to a cheap usb audio int., i would rather solder it by myself and may have fun watching it working.  Like i do with my Midibox NG ;)

regards

Smashtv,

On your link is a DAC (digital audio converter) only, but what i am talking about is an USB Audio Interface with ins and outs.  Anyway, i personally would not spend 50-60 dollars to a cheap usb audio int., i would rather solder it by myself and may have fun watching it working.  Like i do with my Midibox NG ;)

regards

I guess I'm missing something here, the Telex has analog stereo audio in and out, and feeds to and from the computer via USB.  SPDIF aside, what does the elektor project do that the Telex doesnt?

Not challenging you or anything like that, I'm just curious about what I missed ???

Smash :)

I guess I'm missing something here, the Telex has analog stereo audio in and out, and feeds to and from the computer via USB.  SPDIF aside, what does the elektor project do that the Telex doesnt?

Not challenging you or anything like that, I'm just curious about what I missed ???

Smash :)

I think i am missing here something too.  ???

This DIY project comes with + Spdif and its DIY!!!

If you are ready to buy mass hardware just go for it,  i am talking about having fun to build. I think there is not anything more to say. Its the same like my midibox NG, if i would need the original Logic control, i would buy it! Only because i am building it by my self doesnt mean that i dont have money to buy the original one, instead i allready spend much more money to my little baby NG. Because i love it, its mine and the only one in this world (maybe in whole universe). The USB soundcard will be the same for me. I really hope that you understand this. And if not:

You should do a research what DIY projects really means for hobby Electricians.  ;)

regards

I think i am missing here something too.  ???

This DIY project comes with + Spdif and its DIY!!!

If you are ready to buy mass hardware just go for it,  i am talking about having fun to build. I think there is not anything more to say. Its the same like my midibox NG, if i would need the original Logic control, i would buy it! Only because i am building it by my self doesnt mean that i dont have money to buy the original one, instead i allready spend much more money to my little baby NG. Because i love it, its mine and the only one in this world (maybe in whole universe). The USB soundcard will be the same for me. I really hope that you understand this. And if not:

You should do a research what DIY projects really means for hobby Electricians.  ;)

regards

Wow sly, nice edit job on your message! I did not realize you could post something then go back and change it if a reply to it made you look stupid!

I would still like to know what I should "go back and check" ;)

I really don't think I deserve a scolding on DIY, Some of my stage lighting gear, all of my controllers, my CNC, and other projects of mine might get offended if they thought that I built them just to save some cash.

My reply to your message was just intended to be informative, nothing more, and it still seems like a lot of work TO ME for something like that when I could spend that tinker time doing something else.  I guess I have to save a little of my DIY time for some innovation to keep it fun, I have learned about all I can from tacking DAC's to a board then running pre-written code/drivers to play with them.  But that's just me.  The learning that can come from building the USB interface (it is interface, not DAC, right?) is what many people need to round out their knowledge of electronics.

If you are not sly and are reading this wondering why I would respond in this way, it is because sly has taken the liberty of editing the message that I replied to so much as to change the whole idea of the it.  Something you won't see me do, and yes it has me kinda pissed.

Feel free to flame away if you need to, but please do it via IM or email, let's keep the KiDDiE stuff out of the forums.

Smash