big problem with mios

Guest dendy

Guest dendy

i have one big problem..

when i turn ON my MIOS based controller (64 pots, 24 buttons, 16 leds, 16x2 LCD display) (stand alone, not connected wia midi in/out to my computer), he works fine. (bootloader 1.1 / mios 1.2 / test app 64knobs/128buttons/128leds). display shows message "waiting for ain or din event", when i press button or move knob, right values is displayed on display. so everything seems by okay.

1.  when i connect controller to midi in of my PC and start moving knobs, after cca 10-50 seconds, all digits on LCD disappear... display stay shining, controller sends correct controllers but nothing is on display...

2. another problem (i thing the cause of this problem is the same), when i connect controller to midi IN and turn it ON after this, MIOS wil not start. Display shine at cca 1/3 intensity but no digits, no boot message... and when i in this phase disconnect midi IN, MIOS start booting and everything is ok.. Then controller works fine but when i connect it to MIDI IN, there is back problem no.1.

sorry for poor englis, hope you all are understand...

Hey dendy

I sounds to me like you are have a MIDI feedback loop problem.

Try only to connect the MIDI out from your controller to the MIDI in on the computer, if its work without any problem then you have with MIDI feedback.

If it still does not work then !!!!!!!

I do not know what software you are using but you have to disable "midi thru" on computer.

Another solution is to disable "MIDI echo" on the controller (if there are a function like that, Thorsten???)

Hope it helps

Kent

Guest dendy

this problem is indipendent on software running on PC...  MIOS can't boot also with only "controolerOUT->pcIN" connection (with disconnected controlerIN)... and also when no midi sequencer is running on PC, so this is not problem with feedback...

MIDI IN/OUT on PC card is OK, becasuse my little MidiBoxPlus is working fine...

Guest Flownezz

Might i suggest that whilst the MIOS core and your computer are switched on you check the voltage differece between your computer ground and your core ground planes.  If this is excessive you may have power supply issues...

Hi Dendy,

I've no answer to 1) because it must be a strange electrical problem, but to number 2) it could be the reason that you are using an old bootstrap loader version? Versions below V1.1b didn't start when they received any MIDI message during the startup phase. This has been fixed in V1.1b - this version only waits for SysEx messages which begin with F0 00 00 7E 40, all other events will be ignored.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest dendy

yep, everything worx OK now !!

i have uploaded new bootloader (1.1b), then mios 1.2 then testt app and everythyng works ok. thanx thorsten.