http://www.ucapps.de/mios_c_set_dout.html

cimo

No ;)

the MIDIO128 supports 128 outputs = 16 ICs = 4 DOUTX4 modules.

That means one DOUTx4 module has 4 ShiftRegisters:

128 Pins / 16 SRs = 8 DOUT pins per SR

So if you intend to use 32 DOUTs (= all pins of one DOUTx4 board)' date=' you need to call:

32 Pins / 8 pin-per-SR = 4 SRs =>

[tt']MIOS_SRIO_NumberSet(4)[/tt]

Regards,

Michael

okay, got the point :)

besides the fact you changed your original posting from the wrong SR_Set(1) to the now correct SR_Set(4) -  :P

the page sais that a maximum of 16 SRs can be chained and the example is showing how to connect 128 LEDs; so the statement is right, just the comment is not clear, because you need four DOUTx4 modules to connect 128 LEDs.

Cheers,

Michael

besides the fact you changed your original posting from the wrong SR_Set(1) to the now correct SR_Set(4) -  Tongue

yep shame on me i can t believe i haven t stated that i ve edited the post, sorry

it took me a little while to understand, well to read, cause it is written, that we are talking about pins pairs.It s new to me cause i ve always seen either the pins counted 0,1,2,3,etc or the SR 1,2,3,etc.

so the statement is right, just the comment is not clear,

sorry to insist but i think that the comment is wrong (not unclear) or that the statement is not consistent with the comment.

simone

yep

(tx TK for "forcing" me to C, i can see how easily :P you can create your own application and start toying around with it wihtout being a C geek, tx AC for support on setting up OSX and the wiki stuff, tx Jimp for end user support)

simone