Duo LED button matrix pcb group buy

intellijel

I have been buying some old hand held games called 'Lights Out' on ebay etc. they have a 5x5 button matrix, and in the case of the later "Lights Out 2000" model, a bi-colour matrix. They seem pretty reliable - they are meant to be 'Child Proof' after all, and I'm thinking of cutting some down to make an LED/button matrix.

I've been paying £4 to £5 each for them

The lights are a bit dim due to battery power.

Lights-Out-Games_thumb.jpg

2000_Lights-Out-Games_jpgf4fd2ae4271b712

sahira says she likes them very much and you can contact his father to ship them over here

Yea, "Sahira" likes them!  ;D  :P

That was funny actually in Slice's documentary on Richie Hawtin.

Richie Mother was saying that the father would say "hey lets get this toy for Richie".

A few months later then his dad would open it up to see whats inside it!  :)

Tact switches may not be the best feel but they are cheap!

Alas that's all they've got going for them... The 'click' is bad in feel and in sound.. I hate that kli-klik kliklik. Drives me mad. (in computer mice too ughhhh)

A huge factor is also being able to select colours for the caps. If any of the options you proposed have selectable colours then I would be down with using them.

The "quiet" MECs can fit most of the MEC actuation options, and they are way nice. Unfortunately it seems that they don't make any stock switches in that variant, so you have to do a custom run to see them in action. I've been planning on trying to get some samples one day.... the LTS are like normal tacts.

It's also important to look at the estimated life cycles and required push force specs.

Already way done, things like this are part of my selection criteria. Tact-alike. The LTS are lighter touch of course :)

None of them can take caps.

Nah the LTS are meant as a normal tact replacement. Most real-life implementations are on pro gear with custom actuation.

Also the operating force on the ITT D6 series is not that bad (130g) compared to 80g for the Panasonic LTS.

That's still a significant difference, it's 62% more, and the LTS are also meant to be quieter than normal tacts.

It would also be cool to make a tiny matrix using the Panasonic LTS and just concentrate on density: make a 16x16 in a small footprint and use 3mm or smaller led. You can make up for lack of button caps with panel graphics.

Nice idea :)