Anyone ordering from mouser ?

asafnetzer

Hi all,

I have an order waiting on mouser, waiting because they have change their international shipping method.

The order in $25 worth and they wants $60 for shipping it to Israel.

If there's anyone U.S based that orders from them or is willing to accept an order from me and reship it to Israel

I will be much more happy / not as much broke  ;)

Thanks and best regards,

Asaf

With USPS Priority International?  ???

It cost me only $23 to get something shipped to Canada last week. (In a quite large but flat box)

I know Mouser sometimes automatically changes the shipping option because the dimensions are too large or it's too heavy. Are you sure they can't change to a cheaper shipping option? (There are about 10 different ways to ship to Canada, I don't know to Israel though)

Hi DargonMaster

Canada is different from Israel  ;D In terms of shipping cost from the U.S

it's seems that recently all the big companies don't want to deal with International shipping

and when they do they mostly use the express shipping method.

I have tried to talk with the costumers service but they don't agree any other way.

If futurlec had all the parts I need I would not bother with mouser and most of

the online stores that's located in Europe have higher prices on parts.

Being in Israel isn't fun in terms of collecting parts...

Edit: Ok, so they got new lower FedEx prices, $50 which is still too much for a $25 order

Asaf

Cost_thumb.png

1998_Cost_png8fce633dbe9a4e228e90840b15d

Hi ganchan,

I need some stuff from digikey as well so I would love joining a bulk order,

As I know their prices are the same with in all of their stores so count me in.

I think that my order would be around 20-30 euros.

PM me when and if you are planning to order.

Best regards,

Edit: Hi Vlad, seen your post only after, guess you type faster them me.

We need a digikey order as well as some parts are cheaper there/only there.

So... ganchan, I guess this gets you closer to the 150 euros order.

Asaf

I tr

I have tried to talk with the costumers service but they don't agree any other way.

I tried mouser online help myself, and I had similar experience. The help operator specifically wanted me to ship it using express services. The worst thing is that you cannot know exactly how much the shipping would cost. They charge you more "just in case" and refund it once they know how much it really cost. I talked to few people and they said it is pretty safe to ship from mouser using USPS, and they said they never lose the parcel. But, there is always a risk of losing the parcel, and mouser wan`t cover it. As your order from mouser worth $25 it better option to lose that money than paying $60 for express services.

Sasha,

That's what I have told her, that I would (hypothetically) rather order it again in case the post lose it

than to pay that much on shipping, but no good, I have only once lost a package with over 300 international shipping

and even that package was found a year later in the post office so my odds are still good  ;D

Asaf

well, tomorrow i will Split the SpeakJet + Opterx bulk order in 2. (see bluk order section)

1) for SpeakJet

2) for Digikey (because i'll buy opterx on digikey).

i think the best way to arrange this kind of order is this (all suggestions are welcome).

send me a PM with:

a) all the parts and in wich quatity you need, if you wrote the digikey n° or the prduct n° it will be cool.

b) if you had just try to place an order on the digikey's site, wrote me how many € are.

c) tell me your complete address. i'll go to the post office with the list of all addesses, and i will ask for eachone how much are the shipping, relative to the weight and the type of expedition requested. i need a way to calculate the wieght (we can think how).

d) it would be good if you tell me how much are the taxes applied in you country for incoming intems from another country, and customs too. Here, in italy, we have 20% (IVA) + customers tax that is variable, they start from 5€. I've never paid for, but just from china (motherboard) 15€ on 100€, and from usa, but the value was 450€.

e) explain me wich kind of paymant you can do, paypal, bank transfer, moneygram etc.

f) say how soon you would like to arrange this order

- the reason for d): if the order will be 250€ in ex. the IVA (if it will be applied, i hope NOT) will be splitted to all peoples, 20% of 250 it's 50. the rightest thing would be split in % of the previusly payed. hard to calculate.

- the second reason for d): if in your country taxes are lowest than in italy, we can think about, but all this work will be pass from me to another person. i don't like this kind of passing through of an order because of responsability, but we can debate about not?

as i had said all suggestions are welcome.