MIOS Functions Reference Update... Do you want it?

stryd_one

Heya guys, I had an idea, I'd like to know that you think...

I refer to the Function Reference a LOT. Maybe (surely) it's due to my shoddy memory (my brain, not my PC) but perhaps you do too.

I thought about doing a quick-reference with minimal information so that it would be small enough to print on one page, but I abandoned that idea because sometimes I want that extra info... Also, I thought about merging the ASM and C references, because you often need both when mixing ASM and C. But I didn't want to make things over-complex.

In the end what I was thinking, was that it would be good to have a page with 'fold-out' tables with the information, for both C and ASM, so that you only select what you want to see... Either by clicking something to show a certain type of information for all functions in the page (IE, show all the descriptions, and/or show all of the examples) or by clicking something on a specific function (IE, show the ASM input variables for the MIOS_MIDI_TxBufferPut function) I want to keep any coding client-side (so it works when stored locally) but that should be about it.

Now, making all the necessary groups up, won't be a walk in the park - it's not hard but it's time consuming... So basically I've decided that it is only worth my time to do this, if you guys can make some use of it too... So, should I do it? Would you use it? Or are you happy with what you've got now?

I'm also interested in other ideas that might make it a bit easier to use, or any criticisms of the idea... So feel free to weigh in. ... Any thoughts?