Not much time this weekend But I managed to Solder up a few NEW DIN/DOUT boards. And the complication comes in the pinning of the new boards, the arrangement of the 2x5 header does not allow me to use my old 1x5 cables to the CS as wired in V3, due to the arrangement of the SR inputs. Not a big deal, off to the HW config file to do some editing (It was bound to happen sooner or later!).....
Other observations on the New DIN/DOUT boards....It would be nice to have a bit more clearance
Some progress to report.
Needed to get new ribbon cables for the new Core. One would think crimping ribbons is a trivial task but I managed to mess up two. first one I made worked fine. next two no good (one somehow had a dead short). Finally got that sorted.
Then out to the drill press to recess the angle aluminum I had the LCD's mounted to, so they didn't end up way above the buttons. No problems.
Then to finish wiring up the encoders, which I started years ago, a
So many years ago I started an MBSEQv3. Life happened, moved a couple times, it sat on a shelf unfinished. So now I begin to upgrade it to v4 and finish it off. below are some pics of it after pulling it off the shelf:
The case is an old rackmount Altec Lansing Mixer, I will have a new panel laser cut from acrylic You can see the 4x16 BLM's i started, one is finished the other I forgot to stuff diodes.....(they were made months apart) DOH! board on the right with the cutout in the mi