Seb Francis "Box-O-Trix" reissue

TheAncientOne

Some of you might be interested in this - its a combination compressor/noise gate/distortion box, actually aimed at synth use rather than guitars etc, so I thought I'd repost it here. There are no really exotic parts in the design, apart from the THAT chips in the compressor and noise gates - and I'll do a bulk buy of these if need be.

http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=boxotrix

Seb is a long time contributor to the SDIY list. Be sure to take a look at the other projects on his site.

email is: seb[at]burnit[dot]co[dot]uk

Remove square bracketed bits to email - I'm doing my bit to keep his spam quota down.

Got a few people interested in Box-O-Trix PCBs so I'm doing a re-issue. 

Feel free to get in on it :)

http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=boxotrix

<personal preamble snipped>

So this is just an initial email to see if you are still interested.

The price depends on how many people want them but it should be at most £35, if not a bit cheaper. 

What you get is a professionally manufactured 324x99mm double sided, soldermasked, silkscreen printed PCB.

The boards come in a single piece but need to be cut into the main board and sub-board for front panel LEDs.  Last time I cut everyone's boards myself which took quite a lot of time and got through loads of jigsaw blades, so I'd prefer not to do this again.  So maybe add £5 if you really don't want to cut the board yourself and I'll do it for you.  It's easy enough to do yourself with a fresh metal-type jigsaw blade

(will be blunt by the time you've finished!).  Just stick some masking tape over the PCB to prevent the jigsaw scratching it as you cut.

Pre-programmed PICs for the MIDI control of the gate sections are available for £15 each or you can download the source code and burn your own.

P&P will be charged at cost - last time it was £2 within UK, £3 within Europe & £4 for rest of world.  You can pay by bank transfer, from PayPal balance or from credit card via PayPal.  The last method will add ~4% to cover fees.

Estimated timescale...

It's going to take a week or so to find out who's still interested, then

maybe another week or so to get the firm orders in (I'm probably going

to ask for pre-payment, or at least a deposit as I don't want to end up

with unsold PCBs if people change their minds).  Then a couple of weeks

for PCBs to be made.

So overall they could be going in the post to you in about a month's time.

Cheers,

Seb