mbSID stereo(1 Core, 2SIDS) mbSID V2 app refuses to work

sineSurfer

Hi, so finally I wired everything to work with the mbSID V2 app, the problem:

MIOS studio says the hex file transfer was successful, but the core freezes or something, the LCD shows just black squares on the top row.

Then i tried uploading mbSID V1.7... all works fine, both SIDS make sounds...

What could be wrong?, what should I check?

already downloaded the latest V2 hex file again, same results ???

thanks!

...Sinesurfer: just three days ago I warned about the old MIOS Studio version in the 808 forum! ;-)...

right TK!, somehow I could not connect the dots on this one  ;D

Update:

Tried with latest MIOSStudio (v7.5) couldn't load mbSID V2 app on smart mode

Switched to manual mode without "wait for upload request" and voilá!, setup_6581.hex is loaded but found out that CAN mod was wrong(both diode and resistor were connected to Vs :-[ )

Some minutes later CAN connections are fixed... two beeps  sound and mbSID app starts up fine... every time I turn it on, the screen reads:

E002|H128*Ld  Chn.16

1***|<No BankStick>

is this the default behavior?

Then uploaded v2_vintage_bank.syx with SysExLibrarian (Os X)  on bankstick A, this step fine.

Now the problem is:

after the two beeps on both SIDS, no more sounds!!! I can hear a a "click" each time I change presets via MIOStudio but that's all, what could be wrong now? ???

btw. using 6581 chips, both worked fine on mbSID v1.7

new update:

Tried the test tone app, both sids emitted sound, and after that I can upload the hex files with MIOSStudio using smart mode!!??

I guess the test tone killed the gremlins ;D

As everything seems to be fine now, next step is to wire the CS and -gulp- install GPUTILS to start with the code

[me=nILS Podewski]does the it's working dance.[/me]

It would probably be a good idea to make some pictures of the various ways to do the CAN-bus mod, as this is going wrong a lot ;-) Where did you mount the parrts, ss?

Don't be afraid of the coding - with TKs help I managed to get most of the stuff you'll need done already, and I'll hopefully document the changes soon :D