Changing Matrix via ControlMessages

dj3nk

Hi

why isnt the mod matrix changeable over standard control messages anymore? I am setting up a vst for the lead engine and I was able to implement all control messages now. But I have no possibility to send sysex messages for changing the modmatrix. Isnt it possible to implement some nrpn messages which handle the mod matrix. One 8-bit nrpn per row would do the job.

greetz

Haha, you really want to transfer a whole patch via NRPN? ;)

Not only access to the mod matrix is missing, there are much more parameters only available via SysEx for good reasons. If you would like to change the whole patch, it would take ca. 5 seconds (!!!) via NRPN, while it takes ca. 300 mS via SysEx. There are also SysEx commands which allow you to modify individual locations (e.g. only mod matrix parameters) - therefore SysEx is provided as the only complete solution.

If you want to provide a flawless user interface, I strongly recomment you to learn how to handle SysEx with your software.

Best Regards, Thorsten.