CV in and Gates

ringmod45

the fm software provide no option to use AIN for cv in nor DIN for gate, so you will have to do the programming yourself.

for the Ain, it's something similar in the SID software :

MIDIbox SID V2 provides 8 analog inputs (5 currently used, 3 reserved for future features). They can be used to connect additional pots/faders or joysticks for direct sound control, but they could also be driven from analog signal generators.

I would say, it's impossible with the MBFM firmware for various reasons.

But you could easily use a second microcontroller which handles the triggers and analog inputs, and which communicates with MBFM via MIDI. Maybe this will cost you 10 EUR more, but assumed that you are using a premade project like EDrum or Megadrum, you will get a perfectly working solution and don't need to develop new software.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Perhaps this is a good time to mention a thought I've been having for some time now:

Would it be practical/possible, to implement the FM engine on a 4685 as a CAN slave(similar architecture to the MBSID v2)? Obviously this would be a big job...

In far future: yes - I'm planning to implement a concept which allows to remote-control one MIDIbox (synth) from another (primitive implementation: LCD messages will be forwarded from slave to master, button/encoder actions will be forwarded from master to slave via CAN). Very simple, but effective.

Best Regards, Thorsten.