core v2 to v3?

tweakfreak

Hello you all midi freaks ;) i'm new here and 2 weaks ago a friend gave me the midibox seq. v2 (only the parts,no documentation)i,f got everything togheter now thanx to this great site/forum/world:), exept the core.  i wan't to make the core v3 mods on the v2 board, but if i go to the core page, and than look at the page about the bridges, i see my board is not the same? (i mis some holes )

are there difrent variations? or do i have to make extra holes?

can some one help me whit this?

or maybe help me find a topic about it?

thank you all.

my english is not so good/bad sorry :-[

hi and welcome

taken from http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core.html

MBHP_CORE_V3

In the meantime, the core module has reached it's third version. There are some minor improvements in the circuit and layout. However, the old modules can still be used. For the convenience of users who haven't populated an old board yet, a special webpage has been created which contains the old documentation.

so there is no need to "mod" anything

Simone

• 6 years later...

Hi,

Im trying to upgrade to v3, not v4.

Now where does the 1k pullup resistor exactly plot its two legs on the circuit of v2 , i dont understand the schematics but i do see where J4, is up at the top.

Can anyone please help me understand where the 1k pull up resistor goes, and if i dont do the 1k pullup resistor what will happen when i migrate, i dont mind losing bank stick memory,

but yeah, i dont understand where to put the 1k pullup resistor is there any real world pics on the two variances so i can see the difference.. of v2 vs v3 core.

?

Thank you. Hope funky music is made for us all. Im attaching a v3 schematic with where i think the 1k pull up resistor is on v3 board , but on v2 i dont see where to plot its two legs, do the 1k pullups have to go a certain way? is there a left and right to the legs of it.? 

post-14148-0-07214500-1412774548_thumb.g

If your board looks like what you posted, you already have a CORE v3 (which was part of a Seq v2) and don't need to add a pullup.

If  you have a CORE v2, you can find its schematic at http://ucapps.de/mbhp_core_old.html.

Find out, which pin of J4 is SC. Connect one leg of the resistor to the pins solderpoint at the backside of the pcb.

The other leg goes to the +5V supply line. The direction of the resistor doesn't matter.