+-12V Problem

minya

waaa thanks that is  a great tip! but  watching at this wikipedia pic it shows that the strong line in schemes is the - of the elko ... also on the prebuild boards of smash tv ... so if you say i should turn all 4 elkos i will do that but i cannot believe  :o

Elko-Schaltzeichen-Wiki-07-02-25.jpg

Yeh, when I look at the schem and how it should work, I'd say that the - of the elko should be on the bottom, so they aren't backwards...

I dunno man, I give up.

Told you that the bipolar transformer was the way to go ;)

:o :D ??? ::) 8)

puh ... so i'm glad that i'm not the only one not having an idea what the problm can be :)

i guess i'll rebuild the hole circuit a third time and then with the rectifier and a dual transformer ... hoping that solves the problem ... but thanks for the try! i was real getting mad about that  :-X

Amazing how this pretty simple circuit tends to mess with people all the time :-) Let's hope your third build will work!

(Maybe someone needs to write a step-by-step 100% foolproof tutorial on that one [not gonna be me]) :D

Amazing how this pretty simple circuit tends to mess with people all the time :-)

Who else has tried this design before?

(Maybe someone needs to write a step-by-step 100% foolproof tutorial on that one [not gonna be me]) :D

when it comes to the bipolar transformer, it's hard to go past northernlightx's thread...

hehe

it's me again :D

10x 7912 and a few hours later i have built the circuit with two transformers and a rectifier after it .... the problem is still the same the 7912 gives me -17-18V maybe reichelt and hartnagel electronics haven't sold the best ones

+12v does work as in the first ones

i'll check the hole circuit in the next few days and hope it'll be just human missunderstanding  but for today i 'ts  enough  :o ::) 8)

• 4 years later...