SID Control Surface

napierzaza

I have made a SID that is comprised of one CORE and two SIDS attached to it (in the same way that Wilba wired two SIDS together on his unit.

I have looked at the different control surface options and am wondering, what do I really need for my unit? I appears as if Control Unit C is too complex for me, and B is more so about if you have multiple slaved SIDs.

So if I want a decent control of my sid does surface B offer me any benefit?

Also, I can't find any schematics for wiring on the site. I found this one, but am unsure which Step it is. Also, does this work with SID v2?

http://ucapps.de/midibox_sid_cs/2x20_enc_multi_w_j5.pdf

Hi napierzaza, it all depends on how much you want to work on your  control surface, so only you can make that decision, and based on your choice you'll have to change the setup file according to your own wiring e.g. self etched boards to hold everything, just stripboard and a lot of spaghetti wirings

Check my mbSid stereo version, for me it was a good compromise between no CS and full CS(still needs a lot of code mods for the CS to work 100%) the whole CS is made on 3 diy boards, the harder was the one for the c64 keys + 1 stripboard for the top right encoder and leds, add to that a 4xDIN, 1 core, 2 mbSid modules.

btw. there are wiring pdfs available on www.ucapps.de for DIN and DOUT modules(TK's default configs I think).

elSid-redPanel_thumb.jpg

2634_elSid-redPanel_jpgbe22897f8334196ae

Hey, is this already the final pic? The panel looks more beautiful than expected from the first pictures!

Definitely a reference design for small & still ergonomic solutions :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Your setup is pretty low key. You had to use a DIX4x? This is interesting, I may want to do the same.

BTW, I don't believe I see any links to wiring schematics.

Many, the panels that you guys have made! I can barely afford to get the actual hardware together, much less a shiny panel

thanks TK, yeah you may say it is the final pic, not totally sure about the panel, maybe I'll order one from FPE. i'll post some more pictures after all the code work is done to call it 100% functional :)

napierzaza: I used a 4xDIN cos I had a module from smashTv already, so there are some unused pins hehee, and about the panel it's all diy, it just takes a lot of patience and tools... and not so perfect if you look more closely, .

Forgot to tell before: there is also a LTC module, waiting to be added to the box(LEDs and back panel midi jacks are already in place)

btw. thanks to Fossi advice I switched from a DOUT module to J5 on the Core for the LEDs, one module free for other projects!