DOG - Display on Glass

puddingbrumsel

Hi,

hat jemand schon mal versucht solch ein Display zu verwenden ? Stromtechnisch sollte es kein Problem sein. Treiber ist kompatibel zum HD44780. Kontrast und Helligkeit werden aber elektronisch eingestellt. Müsste man also was machen. Aber wie ?

Könnte jemand zum Thema Custom-Display-Treiber mal ein paar Hinweise geben was gebraucht wird und worauf man achten sollte usw. ?

Gruß, die Brumsel

What's German for "Yummy"? I'll answer in English, sorry :(

Only 16 chars wide, but it has thin edges, so two units could sit touching each other, to emulate a wider screen (with a small gap). If the driver is HD44780 compatible (I didn't think it was, it has extra features like icons) then you won't need another driver, otherwise I would help you make a new driver.

Have you seen them in real life, or just the pics on the website?

Google:

Translation: English » German

Was ist Deutsch für "Lecker"? I'll Antwort in Englisch, sorry :(

Nur 16 Zeichen breit, aber es hat dünne Kanten, so dass zwei Einheiten könnten sitzen einander berühren, zu emulieren einem breiteren Bildschirm (mit einem geringen Abstand). Wenn der Fahrer das HD44780 kompatibel (habe ich nicht glaube, es war, es hat zusätzliche Funktionen wie Icons), dann werden Sie nicht brauchen einen anderen Treiber, sonst würde ich Ihnen dabei helfen, einen neuen Treiber.

Haben Sie gesehen ihnen im wirklichen Leben, oder einfach nur die Bilder auf der Webseite?

Hi Stryd_one

maybe we should move this topic into the english-forum if there is more interest. I know these displays from this site. There are some sharp pics of the assambled display in the galery. Have a look - it's worth it  ;D. Matze from tweakbox.de means that there has to be just small adjustments in the lcd-code because of a different init-part. he knows tk and his projects.

Sorry I didn't mean to english-hijack  :-X

I always thought that they were very nice.... but the problem is the nx16 size, so compatibility with major existing apps like seq, FM, sid is not always optimal, so there's not so much interest so far :( If you'd like me to move the topic there and try again, just say the word.

They're not that pricey really... They don't compare to the:

el-cheapo /

only available in one size and colour from a surplus store /

strange backlight voltages /

stryd doesn't like these

type LCDs... But when compared to other high-end, nice looking LCD's, and COG (chip on glass) displays, they're really cheap!

Okay, I just check prices again and they dropped a lot. A 16x2 in black with white text (yummy!) costs ~12€ at Reichelt which really isn't bad at all. I think wat also put me off back when I first found them was the lack of bigger ones as I'm a sucker for 40x2s.