Different timings with different patches

m00dawg

I seem to be having some timing issues on certain stock patches and was curious if people were having similar issues. When I play the Lead Patch (the one that is selected at power-on, A001), the timing sounds very good. However, when I play something on patch A118 (Lead Stacco2) it sounds about a 1/16th note delayed.

I can reproduce this by recording a simple lead in Cubase as a MIDI track, quantizing it, and playing it back. If I use patch 001, it sounds in time with the metronome. However, if I play patch 118, it is delayed. I also noticed this with the drum kit patches and, actually, it's quite apparent with them since the drums do not fall in line with the rest of the song.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Is this just the nature of the beast or perhaps something else? I thought it might have something to do with an envelope fading in too late but as I don't have a control surface (apart from the LCD anyway :) it is hard for me to determine.

It's related to the ADSR bug. You will notice this jittering delay whenever A, D or S of the OSC VCA envelope is > 0

For the drums, I've activated the ABW flag (ADSR Bug Workaround) by default - it adds a stable delay to avoid ADSR hick-ups.

This delay can be easily compensated in your DAW. Details are explained in the manual.

Best Regards, Thorsten.