1 doubt with lcd 4 Or 8 bit

boops

i find this:

Ensure that in addition the 1k pull-up and 1N4148 diode for the CAN interface has been added as shown in this schematic.

Resistor and diode are even required if no slave module is used!

# [3d] Ensure that the D0-D3 data lines of your LCD are not connected to the core module (LCD is accessed in 4bit mode to keep the ECAN Rx/Tx pins free

i ve got a 4X20 lcd i soldered all the pins, and my core work...i 've got a doubt ,do i run it in 4 bits, for a single core and 2 sids..thanks

The official response, I believe, would be yes, you should. In practice, my LCD worked fine with all connections hooked up, but I would say there are no guarantees. If you want to do it right, I would make the changes. I plan switching to 4-bit soon myself, although I'm sort of hoping Smash might update the CORE layout to make it easier to do :)

In practice, my LCD worked fine with all connections hooked up, but I would say there are no guarantees.

I'll give you a guarantee: Depending on your LCD, doing that is almost as likely to short the pins and destroy your PIC and LCD, as it is to work ;)

My pretty multi-colored ribbon cable will be ugly and severed :)

If you want it to look pretty, cut a slit along the back side of the cable with a scalpel, slide the wire out of the insulation, cut it short, and crimp the IDC onto the empty insulation. Noone will know.... or better yet, wrap and heatshrink it ;)