cs not enabled sid stereo 6582 simple surface(one core)

boops

hi,at the last step of my sid stereo..cs...i find "cs not enabled"

cs not enabled" means "Control Surface not enabled". It seems that you've uploaded the .hex file for a slave module, or you've selected the auto CS feature, and the device ID of the core is != 00

Best Regards, Thorsten.

this post is a little old..;

1-my version is v2 0RC22 a friend of mine installed it...i am not sure it's not slave .hex!!!

2-my id pic core is 6...must i changed to 0...?in the download section in change id fonction ,unnluckly there isn't  some file: change id6to id0 .hex...anybody can help me to make it if i must change the ID 6

can i send a .syx with mios studio ? can i choose my ID in midi ox.?..to try to install ver RC 23 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???THANKS

1) You can upload a new hex file via midi to be sure

2) Why is it ID6? To use the change_id app, you just set the ID in the asm file. There are comments in there explaining the use of the app. I'll give you a hand if you get stuck of course :)

Hi i am just  update with v2 0RC 23 (with success) with mios studio cause i can put ID 6 ..but i must change this id 6 !!!i make an error when i order to smash tv..cause i will planed several midibox projects and i 've thought like scsi..

The change_id_v_d.zip already comes with precompiled .hex files. Since you only have one core you want to upload "device_id_.hex". Then upload the SID software again.

edit: Please stop triple-posting. If you wanna chat rather than wait for an answer, come to the chat ;)

If you got help in the chat and have opened a thread prior to that, please write down the solution in the thread so others can profit from it as well ;)

The problem was that the pic was programmed to id 6. So all that was needed was to open MIOS Studio, set "device id" to 6, load the change_id_00.hex, upload.

Now the core was correctly set to ID 0.

Next, we changed the "device id" in MIOS Studio back to 0, loaded the sid software - DONE ;D

Hmm i'm having the same problem as Boops......also cs not enabled......but to quote TK "cs not enabled" means "Control Surface not enabled". It seems that you've uploaded the .hex file for a slave module, or you've selected the auto CS feature, and the device ID of the core is != 00

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Now i want to know the 'or' part......how do you disable the auto cs function? I'm pretty sure that my core id is 00 since it is the master and i still get cs not enabled.

Now i want to know the 'or' part......how do you disable the auto cs function? I'm pretty sure that my core id is 00 since it is the master and i still get cs not enabled.

You probably shouldn't, because you shouldn't have to. You can upload the change_id app to set your ID to 0.