when ordering a core kit

angel418

i am about to start ording parts to make my midibox, and i dont understand with the corekit there is some pic thing i have to do??? what exactly is this?  there is an option for no PIC as well whats that mean??

hi and welcome

it mainly means that you haven t been reading enough ucapps.de and the forum, everything you need to know to get started is there, have read the wiki pages?

The CORE module hosts the PIC chip, you can get it at avishowtech.com with or without it: you want it so order it.About the "thing you have to do" it s choosing the pic header: as long as we don t know what s your plan for your MIDIBox we can t help, but, generally, you are going to be ok with the default option.

Hope it helps but get some extra reading before posting again, good luck !

Simone

EDIT: I see from your other post that you are going to build a MBSID: for the latest firmware to work you need a PIC 18f4685

thanks for the help, i am planning to read every bit of it, but i just wanta go ahead and place my order, due to i am moving soon, so i wanta make sure i get it before i move, since i am moving over 600miles away!  dont want it to arrive at my old address.

my plan is to make a midibox like the version 2, using the commadore 64 box.

so what does this pic thing do or where exactly should i read about this?

thanks

Sorry angel but I'm that guy who's gonna give it to you straight:

The questions you're asking indicate that you haven't read a lot of the material you need to read. That's going to take some time, and if you make orders and such before you know what you're doing, you may not get the outcome you expect.

If I were you, I'd forget about ordering anything before the next few weeks at least. Read the ucapps.de site, and the wiki and the forum here, have a search and browse around and in time you'll form a good idea of what's happening... Then when you get into your new house and have your lab setup again, you might be ready to order some stuff to go in it :)