Ks0065 Based character displays

jeroddumas

MIOS V1.3 is now available for download, it comes with some new features for the near future:

• it's now possible to integrate an own LCD driver which is not natively supported by MIOS. See also the docs under Concepts->MBHP->LCD

Best Regards, Thorsten.

:)

Thorston, I can't find a datasheet for the LCD.  The main problem is because I do not see a name on the LCD.  I savaged these from some old Network Hubs.  I read that you said the pins can be reversed.  Would this be the data pins.  I get the display to come on, but it only shows the top row of blocks and nothing on the top row.  So i know I have identified vss and vdd.  and the led = and led -.  now if you say that the bus pins are the same on all other displays wouldn't that mean that all other pins are like the displaytech lcd.

Good that you've identified Vss and Vdd, so the others pins should be in the same order like known from the Displaytech, I never saw a display with a different order yet (except those displays with a 2x8 pin header).

So it's maybe a good idea to check the tracks on the core module, too - when you read the last postings you will notify that users mostly have problems with these pins (exchanged wires or bad solderings)

Did you already ensure that the box is running? Does it send any MIDI data?

Best Regards, Thorsten.