GM5 R11/R12 27Ohm question

ilmenator

Hi all,

I ordered parts for the GM5 when the orderlist was incomplete - hence I have no 27Ohm resistors (R11/R12). What I do have is either 20Ohm or 33Ohm - which ones should I put in instead?

(buying 27Ohm resistors is not an option, unfortunately)

Thanks, ilmenator

maybe a bit off topic: as i lack any educational base in electronics i gone and tried to discover why 33+220 in parallel will give you 28.5 ohm resistance.... here is the parallel resistance calculator for simplicity.

in general,

When two resistors are connected in parallel' date=' the same voltage appears across each resistor. However, each resistor provides its own path for the flow of current. If the resistors have different resistance values, they will carry different amounts of current, each in accordance with Ohm's Law.

or according to simple breakdown:

For example take 2 ohms and 4 ohms in parallel.

Inverted 1/2 +1/4 = 3/4

Invert this 4/3 = 1.33 ohms

If only two resistors are involved then use (R1 x R2) divided by (R1 + R2)

For the 2 ohms and 4 ohms:

R1 x R2 = 8.

R1 + R2 = 6.

8/6 = 1.33 ohms

maybe a bit off topic

Not at all! On the contrary, we love it when people share the answer. It's the last, but not the least, Golden Rule of Troubleshooting (see my signature), and in a perfect world every troubleshooting thread would end with the answer explained in detail. Forum regulars like TK and I and  the crew don't really have time to add this much detail because we're doing lots of stuff... It only takes a few minutes more to make an extra post like you did, but it may save someone in the future several hours of their time. That's a nice gift to share with the world, we all need more time.

I thought it was worth spending a minute or two of my time to encourage this ;) Thanks mate!