fm matrix reprogramming for ice cube?

boops

Hi,friend programmer,,i thought with Reboot (this is his picture) to swap the fm matrix with 24 icecubes and 24 tact switches under, do you think the modification of .ASM (hex)will be difficult -or perhaps impossible)...imagine 24 beautiful icecube switches(blue,red ,or yellow) and with only one finger toggle the parameter ...dream...or reality?i will redesign the front panel for....thanks for your response.. B  :) :( P's

3658_fetch_php_jpeg4d9a3df4ad79df7355c1a

3658_fetch_php_jpeg4d9a3df4ad79df7355c1a

• 1 month later...

Now you've done it! I have a big batch of Illuminated MECs, courtesy of an Electronics Goldnmine clearence and the very kind help of Peake.

Just bought enough clear caps to try this: I also wondered about using separate buttons for the instrument/operator buttons, for compatibility.

I think some diodes might see the thing working with very little code reworking, seeing the way TK did it. Key rollover might be a problem, though no worse than of two row buttons were pressed anyway.

Have I caught the madness? Only time will tell!

I got mine from Rapid in the UK.

www_rapidonline_com - MEC Caps

The ones I ordered were the 16mm 'thin' ones.

The square ones, (expensive!) are good for some jobs, because you can open them up and put lettering inside. Too much for a MIDIbox FM, but I did use one for the Zero crossing switch on my Marc Bareille 'Quantix 8' m_bareille_free_fr - Quantix 8, I've not done the panel yet, but i'm trying for that old style computer/instrument look. A whole panel of them in a grid would look amazing for the FM, but nearly £40 worth of caps is too much for me, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi not boobs please ;)it's boop's....unlucky,nobody for programming a new code... my control surface is not finish yet,i 've just planed to finish it with a ssm 2044 filter...for the moment...best regards thanks ,for the interest....

hi not boobs please ;)it's boop's....unlucky,nobody for programming a new code... my control surface is not finish yet,i 've just planed to finish it with a ssm 2044 filter...for the moment...best regards thanks ,for the interest....

I misunderstood. I thought you completed the project, but I see you are just finnished with the midibox modules. Anyway I might do something similar. I'll keep posting when/if I do that.