Welcome to the first world

cimo

hi

I just wanted to share with you this nice picture of our (Canary Islands, a province of the European and first world country Spain) representant for the central Council of the city (Santa Cruz de Tenerife), aka Maribel Oñate, while she was attending at the local Mac Donalds dresses up as a waiter. The cause was, 20th of November, International day of the child, an ONU event, the collect of funds for blablabla (who cares), with the sponsorship of this very well known corporate.

Now anybody could explain to me how does it come that one of our democratically elected politicians could even think or imagine to go to a mac donalds, dress up as waiter and serve big macs right  in the very international day of the child?

I AM UTTERLY PISSED, as a father, as a citizen, as a MDIBoxer.

I am just using this channel to spread the news aka spam, sorry.

20noviembredamundialdelhh6.jpg

Of course they're to blame, selling unhealthy food, excessive advertising aimed at kids, etc.

Why do you think the standard of all food has dived, especially fast food? Cost, man. They *have* to do dumb shit like this, because they have to not only make profit every year, but increase the profit every year, in order to keep stock prices up. If they don't do it, they go broke. So they constantly find ways to reduce cost. That means, you won't find organically grown non-gm all natural foods grown in local market by small dedicated farmers, because mass produced food is way cheaper. They could do it properly, but then people wouldn't buy there because it'd cost 15-25$ for a burger like it does in a nice cafe.

It's a shitty system but we all play it.

When i was young a McDonalds was a real treat, you'd be lucky if you got one twice a year or so, no kids go and spend their dinner money in there.

Heheheh ghetto fabulous man. Two times a year, that's birthday and christmas :) We got coca cola too, that was so great. (evil huh)

Once we were teenagers, and had a little cash of our own, we'd run a scam where we'd order a cheeseburger, with no pickles. Then we'd go outside, eat half of it, and go back in and complain "I ordered extra pickles!" "i want a new one" to which we would be greeted with a burger with extra pickles. The pickles are shit, so we'd go outside, flick them at the roof (they stick, in case you never tried it. we had a pickle and an ice cream cone stuck to the roof for about a year in that shop) and eat half the burger, then go inside and complain; "I ordered NO pickles! This is disgusting! i want a new one!", to which we would be greeted with a burger with no pickles... you'd usually get about 5 burgers for your purchase  8)

Strangely I feel very little guilt for it.... :D

Why do you think the standard of all food has dived, especially fast food? Cost, man. They *have* to do dumb shit like this, because they have to not only make profit every year, but increase the profit every year, in order to keep stock prices up. If they don't do it, they go broke. So they constantly find ways to reduce cost. That means, you won't find organically grown non-gm all natural foods grown in local market by small dedicated farmers, because mass produced food is way cheaper. They could do it properly, but then people wouldn't buy there because it'd cost 15-25$ for a burger like it does in a nice cafe.

It's a shitty system but we all play it.

Heheheh ghetto fabulous man. Two times a year, that's birthday and christmas :) We got coca cola too, that was so great. (evil huh)

Once we were teenagers, and had a little cash of our own, we'd run a scam where we'd order a cheeseburger, with no pickles. Then we'd go outside, eat half of it, and go back in and complain "I ordered extra pickles!" "i want a new one" to which we would be greeted with a burger with extra pickles. The pickles are shit, so we'd go outside, flick them at the roof (they stick, in case you never tried it. we had a pickle and an ice cream cone stuck to the roof for about a year in that shop) and eat half the burger, then go inside and complain; "I ordered NO pickles! This is disgusting! i want a new one!", to which we would be greeted with a burger with no pickles... you'd usually get about 5 burgers for your purchase  8)

Strangely I feel very little guilt for it.... :D

Or alternatively they could offer better food and more people would eat there.

We used to do a similar thing with McDonalds... order some food and go back in and say that we were a burger missing, they would always give us an extra burger without checking the tills.

Or alternatively they could offer better food and more people would eat there.

Well that only works to some extent. When you increase quality you increase cost. The increased cost to the consumer can drive them away to a greater extent than the increased quality can attract them. In recent years, McD's have made a few changes to their menu, and they've taken it up to the profitable limit again.

Also, then there is a 'gap' for cheap (crappy) food, and some other restaurant will just step into the gap.