PCB request

mbreges

Well if you want to use that chip, of course you'll need that module. But the GM5 does have some advantages (better Midi driver under Windows, no need to upload any firmware to the chip, possibility of adding up to 5 ins and outs...). Don't know when the next bulk order will happen, but the GM5 chip is only 5 Euros and the rest of the cirquit isn't more expensive than the USB module either, so if you're not in a hurry and are not absolutely set on using the AN2131SC, if I was you I would choose the GM5 way.

S

Hi Max,

I may be able to help you out if you still want to use the AN2131SC.  I bought a stack of unfinished midibox boards some time ago and one of them is the old usb board.  I was never able to located a AN2131SC, so it's sitting unpopulated.  I'll have to check when I get home, but I may have mounted a few other parts on it already as well.  If you'd like it, I could mail it to you for very minimal cost.

Kurt

Here's what the board looks like.  Looks like it has all of the sockets soldered in already.  Back is primed to have the USB chip soldered on.  I also added a jumper wire to reinforce a trace that was nearly drilled through (the board came with a note attached to double check the continuity of that trace).

Lets say $3 US for the board as it is + shipping costs.  Sounds fair to me.

If you are still interested, private message me your address and I'll check to see what shipping costs will be to send it Russia.

4385_top_jpg72243b8d2254b36daa8010677f8b

4387_bottom_jpg2157c4e07f916d2366aa62262

4385_top_jpg72243b8d2254b36daa8010677f8b

4387_bottom_jpg2157c4e07f916d2366aa62262

Yeah I got your message with your address.  I sent you a message with the shipping costs yesterday.  I think it was amazingly less than $3.00 USD to mail it to Moscow from California.  The sheet of paper with the shipping costs is on the seat of my car right now with your board all packaged up.

Let me know if you need me to send that again.  I included my address in case you need it for western union.

Kurt