Midifying a Korg Poly-61

Bigstone

Hi

I have a Poly-61 standing in a corner being a bit jealous of those others having midi.

So, I'd like to midify it some how. Anyone here done it already and could give me some short how to?

(I have a Core mod. that I intended to make a SID synth with but this mission seems much more urgent.)

Great if the joy (pitch/DCO/VCF) could be in the game and just not only the keyboard. Switching presets is also a wish.

As allready asked, anyone done this or having a guide "how to"?

/Bigstone

Thank's Futureman!

Well, I saw that one Youtube, great solution but still, I'd like the program change to work and the joy.

It should not be to complicated, right? I mean, one core, a DOUT + cmos 4066 or fet's for simulation of key pressing, program changes and a AOUT + a switch to alter between the midi mode and stand alone for the joy, volume, arpeg. etc. . I would guess that making some parallel arrangements with the pots on the joy might cause problems therefore the switch.

A kind of simple human "Fingers-Simulator".  :)

Not impossible right?

I have a core, made it some years ago but it never came into use (SHAME! I know, please!) but I never had the time to make the project get going due to some "minor-happenings" in life and that project to stagnate... so now I just wonder if/what I need to do anything with the MIOS software to make this work. (No, I haven't read trough the forum as I should... yet, some where in here I would probably find all I need to know but are to eager to getting started.  ;) Guess some of you knows the feeling?)

Regards

/Bigstone

It's probably worth your time to read through the forum (search for MBFX to see some ideas, I try to tie threads together using that term) but you seem to have the general idea, of how to get a core to talk to a synth (fingers simulator) in general.... The tricky part is with the Korg....

Yepp... the "Want it know!" feelings are the best way for a complete project disaster.  :D

Sweaped through the forum and found some threads and a "How-to-retrofit/midify-Guide" made by illogik.

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midiboxfx_-_midifiying_analog_gear

It was a great help and had some great links to external sites. (Man, where do people get all those heavy ideas of building monsters like those HUGE modulars?!!  :o  Impressive! And... Where the -censored- do they get the hours/months/years to complete there projects?!  ??? )

Well, there is the "But" thing with the Korg though. However, I happened to get my hands on to the service manual to the Poly61 and hope that it will reveal some answers according the pots.

One possible way could be to use both a MIOS core AND the p6retro. Letting the p6retro taking care of the keyboard things and the MIOS to make the magic with the rest of button and joy thingies. Demands two midi channels but.. less interference with keyboard and probably a happy Poly61 owner?! Waste of cpu power perhaps? Just another solution.

Thought's?