My SeqV5 dream layout

moroe

Hello

I am just dreaming away, but maybe one day it will be possible to have such a layout  :D

4 rows of 16 rotary encoders, first 3 fixed layers, last switchable layer

a 16x16 led push button matrix which can be used in different ways:

1) each row is a track

2) piano roll for selected track

3) first 8 rows represent the 128 steps of a pattern

4) pattern switches for live jamming

Here is a photoshopped pic:

4733_seqv5_jpg57c3d778f5cdbc19bcdde0b1ec

4733_seqv5_jpg57c3d778f5cdbc19bcdde0b1ec

a 16x16 led push button matrix which can be used in different ways:

1) each row is a track

Already in my sequencer

2) piano roll for selected track

Already in my sequencer (it has a very nice enhancement courtesy of lucem too) (I guess you mean a 'drum grid', same difference..)

4) pattern switches for live jamming

Already in my sequencer

Can I please steal this idea maybe?  ;) This will go nicely with lucem's enhancement.......

We plan to make the CS as compatible with MBSEQ as possible, so perhaps you can have this with MBSEQ V4... I don't know if it's designed for it yet but I'm guessing most of it won't be a major issue....

piano roll

*that* would be awesome, add up/down octave buttons and some method of easily entering note lengths and I'd be a happy camper.  Something like pressing the note on step and holding while you press the note off step.

Quote from: moroe on Yesterday at 21:40

Can I please steal this idea maybe?  This will go nicely with lucem's enhancement.......

Hmm.... *longs in the drawer for pen and paper*

Quote from: stryd_one on Today at 01:59

Already in my sequencer

vX? still alive? 

Blimey, if we manage to implement only half of the idea pool it's gonna blow you away.

piano roll

*that* would be awesome, add up/down octave buttons and some method of easily entering note lengths and I'd be a happy camper.  Something like pressing the note on step and holding while you press the note off step.

For octaves, we have something even more cool in mind than that :)

Note length, well, that's something I'll have to think about still... will come up with something.

I'm responsible for all the user interaction stuff for vX32, and I try my best to really make it stand out

and be as accessible as possible. And don't bug me for info, you'll see when it's done - don't wanna

talk about something and afterwards throw it away :)

Moroe, you've probably already gathered that this is a custom app. Details will be posted when there's something more concrete that you can play with. Still, what I said still goes - I'm not sure if it's possible, but you might want to look into making a custom CS for seqv4.

Something like pressing the note on step and holding while you press the note off step.

That's how I'd originally planned to do it, but because steps can be of arbitrary length that might not work - what if the step is longer than the track that plays it?... You couldn't press the end step.

That being said, such a thing is used more for song automation and not so much for normal track editing, so being that it's more rarely used, it's probably safe to restrict longer note lengths to being set via LCD menu.

• 2 months later...

maybe the sequenzer 5 could have a real laptop kind of screen with a simple graphics system. maybe the

seqeunzer 5 could even have a integrated hardrive and a little sample editor but still also 4 MIDI Out and Analog Out.

Yes, and a multichannel 24 bit audio interface, WAN access and maybe an integrated DVD burner... sounds like you really wanna have a PC :P

Very pretty... but not really very functional otherwise...

maybe the sequenzer 5 could have a real laptop kind of screen with a simple graphics system. maybe the

seqeunzer 5 could even have a integrated hardrive and a little sample editor but still also 4 MIDI Out and Analog Out.

Seqv4 already has an integrated solid state storage (SDcard) :D

Sequencers don't have samples to edit...

The problem with doing fancy graphics, is that it can take valuable processor time, which I would personally prefer to see being used to make the sequencer more functional/keep accurate timing... It's possible to make special designs which allow you to use an externally controlled display, but as TK has mentioned in the seqv4 thread, and as lucem and I know from our designs... it's not trivial...