Alternative of Alps Rk117 pots

djboon

Hello everybody,

I was searching for a while an laternative of the attractive potentiometer Alps RK117 (RK1171114D01)

This pots have a centered detent and an integrated switch button with a really attractive metal housing.

Here the official link : http://www3.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/HTML/Potentiometer/MetalShaft/RK117/RK1171114D01.html

I'll need 40 of this model in order to build my midibox, but it was only sold by 1000 (a littel more than 2.6$ each)

I'm french and I don't know if anybody will be interested with a bulk order.....

The goal is to have 40 groups of  :

• pot 10kohm linear centered detent
  • small push button
  • simple led

So I hesitate to make it with RK117 like pots + 1 led or with a simple pot + illuminated push button, I don't have enough space to have pot+button+led...

I you have any good ideas, I will be happy to know it

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody,

I was searching for a while an laternative of the attractive potentiometer Alps RK117 (RK1171114D01)

This pots have a centered detent and an integrated switch button with a really attractive metal housing.

Here the official link : http://www3.alps.com...1171114D01.html

I'll need 40 of this model in order to build my midibox, but it was only sold by 1000 (a littel more than 2.6$ each)

I'm french and I don't know if anybody will be interested with a bulk order.....

The goal is to have 40 groups of :

• pot 10kohm linear centered detent
  • small push button
  • simple led

So I hesitate to make it with RK117 like pots + 1 led or with a simple pot + illuminated push button, I don't have enough space to have pot+button+led...

I you have any good ideas, I will be happy to know it

/PUSH

I am also looking for potentiometers with build in momentary pushbutton.

Does anybody have an idea where i can get something like that in germany?

Nasrudin

Edited by Nasrudin

/PUSH

I am also looking for potentiometers with build in momentary pushbutton.

Does anybody have an idea where i can get something like that in germany?

Nasrudin

This company is in the USA but its pretty cheap for international shipping and your saving alot on the components too.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/RK097121TD57/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsEGgLEzQVydmgHMEBkeQXoaRH6QuIkyvo%3d]

I think this one is as close as you can get to a push action and turning knob

check out mouser.com they have lots of potentiometer some are very cheap

i just ordered from them today and only paid .80 per potentiometer =)

Edited by FreQshifter

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i spent about an hour yesterday looking into mousers online katalog. Unfortunately i could not find any pot with momentary push funktion. the rk117 from alps mentioned above is not listened, another series from alps is only available without switch.

i am currently thinking of redesigning my layout in order to build in separate buttons.

If Anyone got information about those pots, please write. Any hint is welcome!

sincerly

Nasrudin

• 1 month later...

So am I, I didn't finf any good potentiometer with button into the mouser website nor than farnell and radiospare

I'm about to buy them directly from alps and to re sell them on ebay .....

My Dream will be a pot with push button and clear pot to add a led into the button.....Is it so difficult to build !? :(

no, building is not the problem, but demand from industry. looks like commercial customers mostly dont need pots with buildin button.

the analog pot and digitally button is indeed a strange combination, most ppl would go for encoders instead.

i wrote a request to albs.de an official alps reseller in germany for the rk117 pot without detend an 0.5 mm momentary switch.

the wanted 3.24 Euro per unit (if i take 70 pieces) excluding Packaging, UPS and sales tax, which more than expensive in my oppinion.

i consider asking them for another offer (only ten units)

Greetings, Nasrudin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about a bulk order ??

For my project I need about 40 unit of RK117 (10kohm) with center detent (and some without), and 0.5 push button.

Hey,

I've also spent plenty of time searching pots with build-in momentary pushbutton switch and also have found nothing but the Alps RK117. I need 16-20 of these pots (or similar ones) some with detent, some without.

Would be great if anyone knew where to get these pots in small amounts with tolerable price...or if a bulk order could be organized.

Greets,

Rien