+-15Volts on AOUT_LC

pataroulis

I'd advise against giving something +-15Volts when +-12Volts is required..

But, it'll be a piece of piss to convert a +-15 to +-12.. assuming it has normal boring regulators in it..

Look for the 7815 and the 7915 regulators and swap them with 7812 & 7912's respectively.

Regards

Mike

edit.. and if you can't get inside your power supply or it's not practical, you could use the +12volt & -12volt regulators to drop the +-15 to +-12Volts..

Thanks guys for the answers,

I will put it under 15 v and tell you what happens (probably nothing)

The thing is that my modular setup has a +-15 v PSU I've made and I wouldn't like to downgrade it since it will feed some yusynth modules as well

So I'll check it and get back to you

Ummm.. it seems I've done something wrong and I've done it twice.. When I set it to 12/4 bits, the 4bits seems to work (almost) but all the others are just dead.. I have to follow the signal trail up to TL072 to see if the problem is on the opamp or at the 74hc595..

When I go to calibrate, it is just the same voltage throughout the range. :(

just to be sure, you know that you first need to recompile/upload your application with AOUT mode set for aout_lc? just today there was another midiboxer on the chat who tried to get the LC running and didn't know this. E.g. the Seq app is set for a regular (MAX525) AOUT by default, which gives strange results when using this setting with a LC.

S