Midibox64 Midi Merger sysex quality ?

moroe

Hello

I am planning to do Midibox64 controllers for each of my Synths (Virus C, Yamaha Fs1r,Waldorf Microwave Xt, Yamaha TX81z, Yamaha An1x,Yamaha An200,Roland V-Synth XT.

How good is the quality of the midi merger from the Midibox 64 ?

I wanna send midi notes and controlers from my sequencer through the midi merger and then the sysex commands from the Midibox itself to a synth.

Is there a problem or do i get dropouts maybe ??

Greets

moroe

All data arriving at the merger's input(s) during a SysEx message on the other input is put on hold and only forwarded once the SysEx message has been completed.

is this the same with other mergers like the "midi solutions" merge box or "kenton" midi merge or "motu" midi timepiece ?

or is this a midibox merger only behavior because of weak processing power ?

greets

moroe

You shouldn't get dropouts, as the MIDIbox firmware gives the incoming MIDI stream higher priority than internally generated MIDI events to avoid the typical "bottleneck" issue.

There is a theoretical chance that you will notice dropouts with standalone MIDI mergers like "midi solutions" merge box or "kenton" midi merge or "motu" midi timepiece, since they get two input streams with the same baudrate, don't prioritise MIDI streams, and have to output the events with the same baudrate again -> bad!

Best Regards, Thorsten.