Parts I have in my bin.... need any?

djjonnyjams

Hey guys!

I have a bin with various capacitors, resitors, pots, switches, leds, etc.... which were acquired throughout my circuit bending adventures. One section contains several small chips that I am not familiar with.

Please let me know if any of these components would be useful to myself (building midibox SID) or anyone else here.

the following is a list:

Motorola MC3418DW

- google says it's an a/d converter, this chip is surface mounted on a 1"sq. board that has long legs on the bottom to plug into a socket

CA3080E

- 2MHz, Operational Transconductance Amplifier

JM12AB and JM23AF and P0152SB

- could not find any english documentation...  both JM's are small square chips, with 6 pins and the P0 has 16 pins.

MR62  (NEC)

-The MR62 series is a nonlatch type relay

HD74LS27P (Hitachi)

- original hitachi bcd to 7-segment decoder/driver 15v out digital logic icic,logic gate,3 3-input nor,ls-ttl,dip,14pin,plastic ic,logic gate,3 3-input nor,ls-ttl,dip,14pin,plast electronic component74ls27ptriple logic gate

LM339N

-Quad voltage comparator

2206CP

-monolithic function generator integrated circuit capable of producing high quality sine, square, triangle, ramp, and pulse waveforms of high-stability and accuracy.

H21A1

- PHOTOTRANSISTOR OPTICAL INTERRUPTER SWITCH ...

Let me know if you need any of these parts, some I have more than one. I am in need of some parts for my SID2SID boards I am building, does anyone have any of the following they would like to trade:

28 pin wiring socket - it's an open frame socket (600 mil) with long legs that are intended for wire-wrapping

1000pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

470pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

2n2222 transistor

22000pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

10uf electrolytic capacitor

1kohm resistor (5%)

10kohm resistor(5%)

Thanks

~Jonny Jams

Here's what I have in the spare box. Let me know how much you need of each:

1000pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

470pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

2n2222 transistor

22000pf standard capacitor (ceramic)

10uf electrolytic capacitor

1kohm resistor (5%)

10kohm resistor(5%)

I'd be interested in trading for the 2206CP chip. PM me your mailing address and I'll respond with mine.

Thanks!

Quote from: djjonnyjams on Yesterday at 10:56

2206CP

-monolithic function generator integrated circuit capable of producing high quality sine' date=' square, triangle, ramp, and pulse waveforms of high-stability and accuracy.

How much do you want for that one?[/quote']

Oops...didn't meant to step on your request, SLP. I'll defer to you on the 2206CP.

Jon - offer is still available for the parts you need, other than the 28-pin socket. Just let me know how many you need of each part. I might be interested in some of the other things you have to offer once I figure out what I could use them for...

Oops...didn't meant to step on your request, SLP. I'll defer to you on the 2206CP.

You've got something to trade, I don't.  ;)

I don't really need it. It would be a "nice-to-have"-thing.

djjonnyjams, do you have more than one?

Sadly, I only have one of these. I wish I had two, I would send one to each of you just for being so considerate of eachother. I really like this forum.

Just out of curiosity, what are your plans for this chip? Do you intend to build a synth? I had that idea too, but I'm not a computer programmer......

I think this chip's intended purpose is to generate tones for test equipment, could be interesting for music though...

Frailn, did you get my PM?

I did get your PM and I'll respond when I get home from work tonight. I need to check the quantities you mentioned. But, I can definitely get you most of what you need.

Yeah - I was thinking the same about the 2206CP. Would be cool to figure out how to make sounds with it. I figure it would be good experience/education to do this as a small project on my own without instructions or a forum to help. I really want to learn more about how to put these types of electronics together and TOTALLY understand what I'm doing.

If someone doesn't get to it before me, I'm hoping to eventually work on a MIDIbox for the Ensoniq ES5503 chip. But, that will be awhile. I've got a lot of learnin' to do before I get to that type of project.

Aside from wiring the right components to the right pins on a chip like this, wouldn't you need to write your own code to tell it what to do? Seems daunting, but I'm still in the inital self-doubt phase...

Something I'm working on currently is a small circuit that converts -10db to +4db so I can equip my commodores with balanced outputs.

Aside from wiring the right components to the right pins on a chip like this, wouldn't you need to write your own code to tell it what to do? Seems daunting, but I'm still in the inital self-doubt phase...

Yes. An app for MIOS would have to be written. But, Like I said before, that's a ways off for me. Won't be this year, for sure! Well, I figured that I've gotten pretty far on MIDIbox by building a monoSID and now working through MB-6582. I'm hoping eventually to get enough knowledge to actually get creative on a MIDIbox instead of following others plans and designs.