DIN problems :(

Labelwhore

I'm building an MBSID using the modular boards from Smash. So far I've got 1 core, 2 SIDs, LCD, Bankstick, and 1 DIN. Everything seemed to be working great until I connected the DIN module, I get sound out of each SID. Things are going great, or so I thought. I only connected select buttons 1-5 the menu button and the menu encoder so I could be sure that much was working before I moved on the the rest of my CS. No such luck however, there's no response on the LCD when I push any of the buttons or turn the encoder. I've searched the forums and wiki for similar issues, most of what I found was software related where the some of buttons weren't enabled but others worked. That's not the case here. I also checked the wiring of the buttons to be sure they weren't accidentally wired wrong, but that's not the case either.

Having put asside this project for a while and now, and starting up again and immediately running into issues is very frustrating. So any help on this will be very much appreciated.

Make sure your core id is 0 and the CS is enabled in the software, too.

This might be a stupid question, but where is the option to enable the CS? I never knowingly disabled it, but if it's that way by default. That would definately be a problem.

Ok, I don't see CS disabled on the LCD, so that's out of the way.

I uploaded the ain64_din128_dout128_v2b application. Now, I'm assuming that the way that app works is that when I push one of the buttons it should register in the LCD, because currently that's not happening. Or am I completely misunderstanding this?

I don't have a digital camera to be able to post pictures, but the connection from J1 on the DIN module to J9 on the core should be 1 to 1 correct? (asside from SI to SO that is) I double and tripple checked the wiring from J3 on the DIN to the individual buttons, and everything there looks correct. I did initially have some mistakes there, but I quickly noticed and corrected them.

The connection is 1:1 indeed. Make sure you have the cable on the right way round ;)

If that's all good the srio_interconnection_test_v1b should pass. Try that.

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't quite get what I should be doing with this application. I took a look at the readme, but don't really understand what I should be doing with my multimeter here.