Undetented ALPS encoders deal

Nat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jesaiplu

Yes Ian, Nat say me that you've got detetend encodeur but Pilo have maybe them so I wait his answer and I say you later ...

When you close the deal Ian ?

Jesaiplu............I will only be placing another order if the numbers get up. So far there's not many wanted.

What I meant was that, from your post, you said you only wanted maybe 2 - 3 detented encoders.

At present I am able to offer you  2- 3 from what I have left.

Hope this is clearer

Ian

Guest jesaiplu

The encoder are vertical  ??? the same of the pics on the datasheet ?

What is vertical ? Axis or the part where connection ?

EDIT :

Sorry I did'nt see the pics at the bottom of the page  :-[

• 3 weeks later...

build the rest of your box, so its ready for when you get the encoders... that bit takes the longest of all!! Or buy just one encoder locally, to test your box works, until you get the rest... that's what I did, and used toggle switches to switch the encoder into the circuit, (one switch for each encoder) so I had almost complete functionality.

damm it  i was after 170 encoders and am finding them really hard to get hold of in england

is there any chance you might order some more in the not to distant futer

jed

Jedi : this is a possibility.

However, if you need 170 of them, I suggest you mail RS-Components england, that's where I got my deal, through the canadian branch of RS...  Since RS is a british company, you might have a better price there.  If you succeed keep me updated on it.

hmm I though RS was a french company, bought by electrocomponent ;)

But in france, they've got no encoder. They used to, alps for 13euro each...>:( And when I asked them if I can buy them in another country (but still at RS of course) they tell me that they don't have any contact, and I should contact directly the RS I want... I did that, and RS germany tell me they only ship to germany, so I have to ask RS france... Well I gave up!

But I don't try at RS england which is maybe a better solution!