is this hard to implement?...´bout shuffle n randomstep...´n stuff

nuke

...or let´s say worth the affort...

when i got a shuffled track ie. the ordinary shuffle where each second/even step is laid back 8 ticks...then i switch on random dir/step...the pattern seems to be a bit out of sync...i know it isn´t ...that´s because more than one laidback steps like 2,4,4,8,6 are triggered in series, if i get it right...but then it would be nice, they stay in the dedicated shufflegrid, something like a mastergrid where u can use shuffle on...maybe similar to the "hardwired shuffle" in the mb808, where i just use a pot for intensity. just a thought... ;)

second Q.

i own a fr777...maybe someone knows the sequencer of this unit...

theres a nice trick for binding notes or define steplength for each note...it´s like

pressing a step, let´s say step 5, hold the step and simultaneously press the step to which the note should bind to, let´s say 9...there u got the gate/length set from 5 to 9...

...if its too much affort to pack it into seq 3.x , maybe into 4?...what do u think?

I like both those ideas.

The shuffle/groove doesn't sound right with direction parameter is doing funky things... - seconded.

I've got a FR-Mobius.. FR's dedicated sequencer, and I like the way it implements note length... quick and easy.

The MB-SEQ way is pretty good too, lets you make note length and you are not limited to 1/16th resolution.. (1/96th resolution!) but it is a bit quirky when you want to make a note much longer.. requires sometimes quite a bit of knob turning.

All in all tho... the MB-SEQ rocks..

Regards

Mike

I agree that it would be better to take the "reference step" as basis for the groove pattern, this only requires a small change in V3 and V4, so I will do this with the next V3 release. Especially for V4 this change will open new possibilities, e.g. in conjunction with the new progression parameters and customized groove templates (e.g. a groove only varies velocity, so that an additional CC track isn't required to generate effects like demonstrated in the MP3s)

Note length: would it be ok if such a length entry is only available in the Length Layer, and not in other parameter layers? Such a feature can only be added to V4 of course!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Note length: would it be ok if such a length entry is only available in the Length Layer, and not in other parameter layers? Such a feature can only be added to V4 of course!

Oh yea! The "2 finger spanning" method of note length would be a great feature..

Kind regards

Mike

wow sounds great...small change?..ok, nice...maybe something for the mb808 as well ;)

for sure...if this could be implemented , would be awesome...oooh , time for me to get hands on seq v4 , i think...is there a way to order stm32-presoldered boards somewhere in germany? ...i don´t mind soldering them on my own , but i can´t burn them...or is there a simple diy burner for stm32?

is there a way to order stm32-presoldered boards somewhere in germany?

I will get 5 new boards with presoldered STM32 from Smash soon. Two are already reserved for friends, two are for myself, so I could give you the remaining one if nothing unexpected happens (e.g. a friend notices problems with his board) (obsolete, but progress at Smash's side is very good, so that boards can be purchased from him directly!)

...i don´t mind soldering them on my own , but i can´t burn them...or is there a simple diy burner for stm32?

No "burner" required, a COM interface with TTL level IO (which could also be USB based) is the most simple solution, see also: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_bootstrap_experts.html

However, Smash already programs the MIOS32 bootloader into the STM32, so that the application can be uploaded via USB MIDI.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

mm..ok...when will they be available then?

Smash did some layout improvements to ensure perfect production results. I can give a "go" for "mass production" once I got the new prototype and tested it successfully.

how much will it be with presoldered chips?...

PCB + preassembled STM32F103RE + preprogrammed MIOS32 bootloader: ca. US $25! (unbeatable price :))

It makes sense to order the board+STM32 only to avoid customs.

In Germany, the remaining parts can be purchased at Reichelt.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

smash did some layout improvements to ensure perfect production results. I can give a "go" for "mass production" once I got the new prototype and tested it successfully.

yepp...makes sense...guess i´ll have too wait then...(...oh, i´m bad at this ;) )

$25 is absoluvly fine...presolder/bootstrapped...i´ll go with this...since i´m etching boards myself, it´s a pain in the a$$ doing this with dual sided and smd parts on it...

...weehee...mucho thanks so long...i´ll go ´n finish my two seq3.4 these days... :D