Trouble with the Optimized PSU schematic

pingosimon

Ah I see now.  I didn't realize the 5VDC label was specifically for the red wires.  Thanks!

Wait, so I am correct about the 9VAC line, right?  BOTH wires on the left of the plug are 9VAC, and it doesn't matter which is which?

How do you get two wires onto one pin?  For example, RC of CORE 1 is supposed to go to RC of SID 1 L and RC of SID 1 R.  I was planning on just using the crimps and housing from SmashTV's shop.

On AC it never matters which is which. But even not knowing that, in the pdf it says specifically which pins of the plug go where, right?

About multiple-wires on one pin: Get creative. You can for instance put multiple wires into one crimp contact.

I've been using this PDF the whole time http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf  Is there one that's labelled more clearly?  I was told not to go by "looks" when reading schematics.

Anyway, I think I've finally got all the info I need to start putting this together.  Thanks again for all the help!

I've been using this PDF the whole time http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf  Is there one that's labelled more clearly?  I was told not to go by "looks" when reading schematics.

Anyway, I think I've finally got all the info I need to start putting this together.  Thanks again for all the help!

Forget everything youve been told because it obviously is causing some confusion.

The schematic is very easy to read, i was a total noob when i started it and managed to get it working successfully.

I found it helpful to redraw the schematic on a veroboard image, so i could visualize it much easier. ( i was using a different type of veroboard though.)

If you look at the midibox sid page on the wiki, theres a link to a blog where a guy drew out how it will look visually on standard vero board:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midibox_sid

Everything you need is on ucapps, the forum, and the wiki.

Everything!

There are discrepancies between the PSU schematic and SmashTV's SID PCB.  Should I trust the labels, or the placement?

Schematic shows for SID J2:

SO  MD

RC  MU

SC  PWR

Vs  Vd

My PCB is labeled as:

SO  SC

RC  MU

CLK

Vs  Vc

Does CORE J10 MD connect to SID MD (as labeled in schematic) or SC (as positioned in schematic)?

EDIT:  I went with the visual representations, tested the voltages on each IC, and came out with the correct readings.  It's safe to put the chips in, right?