i am brand new no idea

northwestyew

hello i have some questions about the midibox seq i was searching but couldn't find anything along of what i want to do.

okay so i would really love to build a midibox they just sound so lovely,

basically i want to sequence a midi keyboard to control some rack samplers and synths i dont need alot but i want to sequence it like a groove box sort of thing like record a drum pattern and let that play and then add on things to that is this possible to do with a mbseq or am i shooting high>

any input will be greatly appreciated

Yes, it will do what you want it to do - that's what a sequencer does.

Different sequencers have their own strengths and limitations.  But, depending on the genre of music you wish to create and your own composition style, the MIDIbox SEQ may or may not be for you.

It's great for creating interesting patterns and loops, which you can modify in real time.  You can chain those patterns together to make songs. It's not great for recording stuff that you play in real time with a keyboard.

With a MIDI interface, apps like Apple Logic, Ableton Live Pro, Steinberg Cubase, MOTU Performer are great all-around sequencers, but if you want hands-on live tweakability it's hard to beat a knobby hardware solution like MB-SEQ.

Stuart Mitchell has posted three excellent demos of MB-SEQ on Vimeo.  You'll find them here:

http://vimeo.com/user710438/videos

Also search for "MIDIBOX" on YouTube and Vimeo for more great stuff.

If you are interested in a total software solution you might try FL Studio (http://flstudio.image-line.com/).  It is a more "loop oriented" package than things like Logic, Cubase, etc. and is super easy and quick to use.  I use it to record and sequence external synths all the time, and it has a fantastic piano roll editor for entering notes manually if you like.  They have a free demo so you could try it out and see if it works for you.

Of course MB-SEQ is great project (I'm waiting for Wilba's design to finish and I'll build one).  Definitely watch

(one of Stuart's videos) to get a better idea of what all it can do.  That might help with your decision.

well i guess i want more linear sequencing where i have two bars hit record and it starts playing the blank bar and as i start entering info from the keyboard it will start playing back? is this type of stuff possible

The MB-SEQ will only record in steps.

For looping MIDI phrases, I use a Roland MC-505 Groovebox

If you are interested in a total software solution you might try FL Studio (http://flstudio.image-line.com/).  It is a more "loop oriented" package than things like Logic, Cubase, etc. and is super easy and quick to use.  I use it to record and sequence external synths all the time, and it has a fantastic piano roll editor for entering notes manually if you like.  They have a free demo so you could try it out and see if it works for you.

Of course MB-SEQ is great project (I'm waiting for Wilba's design to finish and I'll build one).  Definitely watch

(one of Stuart's videos) to get a better idea of what all it can do.  That might help with your decision.

this is OT, sorry...

I'm just curious since I use FL also, are you on the Image-Line forums? If so, what's your username? Mine's the same as on here.