How much polyphony is possible?

pingosimon

Just curious, to what extent can I get polyphony from SID chips when playing live with a keyboard?

With a single CORE and two SID modules, can I play up to 2 notes at a time, or up to 6 notes?

Is it necessary to split the keyboard into multiple sections to play more than one note, or can non-mono patches automatically route multiple keys to different SID chip channels?

I only have a single sid setup atm,

but im pretty sure you can play 6 notes at once by using a stereo ensemble patch.

So give it a shot with the ensemble engine.

I can confirm that you can play 3 notes at time with a ensemble patch with 1 sid.  :)

With a single CORE and two SID modules, can I play up to 2 notes at a time, or up to 6 notes?

You can play up to 6 notes.

Details are described in the User Manual: Multi Engine

Is it necessary to split the keyboard into multiple sections to play more than one note, or can non-mono patches automatically route multiple keys to different SID chip channels?

Yes, multi instruments in poly mode are automatically assigned to the available oscillators (voice assignment options are described in the user manual as well, search for "VAs").

There are so many options available, that you probably haven't found the right keywords ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

er, um

or maybe the multi engine patches.

Thats what i said first right?  ;)

There are so many options available, that you probably haven't found the right keywords ;)

More options than any commercial synth available!

TK YOU ARE A GENIUS!

The midibox sid definitely deserves a lot more recognition!

And hopefully someday it will get it, outside of the midbox community i mean.