core32 ain resolution

ultra

I think it's 12 bits but I haven't tried it yet, I should do that by the end of the week.

I think also that as the Core32 is powered by 3.3V the AIN range is from 0 to 3.3v can anybody confirm?

Then I heard somewhere that its easy to get jitter (12 bits resolution on a 3.3V range means 0,8 millivolts steps) and to avoid this it's better to uses shielded cables between the pots and the AINs, and between the AIN and the core, or to reduce at maximum the wire distances.

Baptistou

I have had quite a few jitter problems using USB power and unshielded cables so yes I would definately recommend using shielded cable and external power.

If you are using an AINX4 then I believe that the range is 0-5V but don't quote me on that!

The latest updates that TK has done have helped to reduce jitter by setting an idle threshold.

Cheers

Phil

If you are using an AINX4 then I believe that the range is 0-5V but don't quote me on that!

I think that's not right, the AIN uses analog multiplexers that only do routing but don't change the voltage levels. The STM32 runs at 3.3V and usually an ADC can't make sense on voltages that are beyond its supply rails. Probably you can't damage anything by applying 5V but everything above 3.3V will read as max value.

S