MIOS keeps rebooting

pingosimon

I've got my MB-6582 baseboard all soldered!

First of all, which plug is MIDI in, and which is MIDI out? I'd rather not have to guess and check anymore.

I wish I could remember exactly what I did, but now my PIC with header 0000 won't stop rebooting. I plugged the PIC into my other core module (built from a Smash TV core kit) and I get the same result, so it must be (at least partially) the chip.

I plugged the old PIC 0000 into my MB-6582, and it works fine, thought it's stuck on the SID_test app, because I can't seem to upload things via MIOS studio.

Before this happened, I successfully sent a message to my LCD using MIOS LCD message, so something happened between putting MIDI cables into my MB-6582, and trying to upload things.

First of all, which plug is MIDI in, and which is MIDI out? I'd rather not have to guess and check anymore.

J13 is MIDI In, J12 is MIDI Out

I wish I could remember exactly what I did

And it would certainly help the troubleshooting process.

I plugged the PIC into my other core module (built from a Smash TV core kit) and I get the same result, so it must be (at least partially) the chip.

Failed upload or corrupted firmware may cause that. How does the rebooting manifest itself?

I plugged the old PIC 0000 into my MB-6582, and it works fine, thought it's stuck on the SID_test app, because I can't seem to upload things via MIOS studio.

Sure about the pic ID? Check the bootloader's upload request, it has the ID in it.

uh...it's fixed now. Last night it wouldn't communicate with MIOS, but now I'm able to upload successfully. Fine with me! Could this have been caused by my trying to upload testtone v 3b (the newest is 3c)?

Failed upload or corrupted firmware may cause that. How does the rebooting manifest itself?

It kept sending a SysEx message to MIOS MIDI Monitor IN. My browser crashed so I lost the info, but I think it was 00000001697282 ms | SysEx: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

That's what it's showing now, anyway.

The LCD showed the copyright screen, then a blank screen, then Ready, then immediately looped back to the first screen.

Sure about the pic ID? Check the bootloader's upload request, it has the ID in it.

I got these from SmashTV, and 0000 0000 0000 0000 is printed on top. I'll swap out the PICs and double check that, since my other core can communicate with MIOS.

I guess I need to troubleshoot the MIDI connection of my MB-6582.

Swapped PICs, and the MIDIMonitor for the old PIC reads 00000004066899 ms | SysEx: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

So, both PICs in question show the same thing. Header 0000, right?

Now to see why my MB-6582 won't communicate with the computer. Nothing shows up in the MIDIMonitor IN window, and the OUT window shows:

timestamp [unknown]

before each SysEx message. I've tried it with the LCD Message, and by trying to upload an app by unchecking "wait for upload request."