Where can I download the default sound patches for SammichSID?

vintagestar

Hi,

I think I successfully build the sammichSID. However, where can I download the default sound patches? After I install the bank sticks, Sammich has format all of them. There is no sound patches in there. I read the manual, "The default patches are found in the sammichSID synth release package "preset folder" ". I don't understand this. Where can I download this release pacakge? I have been looking over and over in the web site and couldn't found it. Can you give me a link where I can download this patches?

Regards,

vintag-golden

Hi,

I think I successfully build the sammichSID. However, where can I download the default sound patches? After I install the bank sticks, Sammich has format all of them. There is no sound patches in there. I read the manual, "The default patches are found in the sammichSID synth release package "preset folder" ". I don't understand this. Where can I download this release pacakge? I have been looking over and over in the web site and couldn't found it. Can you give me a link where I can download this patches?

Regards,

vintag-golden

They are on your hard drive the folder should be called something like this midibox_sid_v2_0_rc35.

one thing that's not very well explained anywhere here is that the firmware for any MIDIBOX project normally comes from the MIOS download page. Though in the case of the sammich, you probably got sent a standalone hex file by email, because it's a different feature set to a normal midibox V2, and I'm not sure the source for this is released yet. certainly wasn't when the first batch of sammiches came out.

ANYWAY - there's a preset bank in the presest folder in this standard package. that's what you're looking for.

here's the link to the package:

http://ucapps.de/mios/midibox_sid_v2_0_rc35.zip

good luck!!

:-)

one thing that's not very well explained anywhere here is that the firmware for any MIDIBOX project normally comes from the MIOS download page.

Figures, doesn't it?

Though in the case of the sammich, [...], because it's a different feature set to a normal midibox V2, and I'm not sure the source for this is released yet.

Nope.

sammichSID is a regular mbSID v2 with a semi-minimal CS. There's no special source code, just some minor changes in the regular source (just like for TK's setup, the mb6582, ...). The "special" and a pre-compiled .hex are in the .zip at ucapps with all the other hardware variants.

• 4 weeks later...

Figures, doesn't it?

actually, no. especially when you look at how much build specific info is pushed forward for kitting and assembling a given midibox project. general and specific info on programming units once you've built them is not anywhere near as easy to find as all the other info.

sammichSID is a regular mbSID v2 with a semi-minimal CS. There's no special source code, just some minor changes in the regular source (just like for TK's setup, the mb6582, ...). The "special" and a pre-compiled .hex are in the .zip at ucapps with all the other hardware variants.

the binaries weren't online for at least the first batch of sammiches. mine was emailed to me.

"and.... in case you finish before TK releases MIDIbox SID RC34, find attached the setup_sammich_sid.hex which is built from the latest source in SVN. The button configuation is F1=Play, F2=SID L/R, F3=toggle arp mode on all oscs. Support for changing these bindings is coming, I promise :-) you'll just have to wait!"

yeah I guess someone could set the defines to compile the source for "semi minimal CS" all by themselves if only the documentation of the sammich showed the schematics so they could easily see what interface components were hooked up where, and maybe also what a "semi-minimal CS" was...

Don't really know what is unclear - from Wilba's Sammich build instructions PDF:

You can find the latest MIDIbox SID Synth V2 firmware on the ucapps.de website

Here is the link to RC33 (NOTE: this doesn't work with sammichSID yet. Use RC34 or later, or the

setup_sammich_sid.hex file that was emailed to you).

http://www.ucapps.de...d_v2_0_rc33.zip

and

The default patches are found in the MIDIbox SID Synth release package (they are in the “presetsâ€

folder).

if you're interested in the pin assignments etc, you can read them from the file "setup_sammich_sid.asm" which is located either in the recent MBSID packages or on the SVN repository (but you won't need that anymore as soon as you've found the file itself).

It's not like these infos are in any way kept secret or particularly hard to find. If you're building a kit that is already making it as easy as possible to build a cheap and good MBSID, and you don't find it necessary to read Wilba's PDF in full length, what are you complaining about? Usage of the brain is really becoming an old-fashioned and outdated thing :whistle: It's alright if you have to ask to find out, but don't tell people it's because of bad docu when it's clearly a reading problem...

Edited by seppoman